Search results

1. Olde School

SOLD price drop BNIB Lowrance Halo20 kit

FS brand new never installed Lowrance Halo 20, with NMEA starter kit and Point-1 antenna. Will include the cable clams and any other bits and pieces I have for the install. It is all in the original boxes. Bought late 2022 for a bigger boat that has since been sold, so this is not going to be...
  2. Olde School

WTS: Lowrance HDS Carbon 12, $1999

The 12 was for a 26' boat that I've now downsized from. My current boat needs a plotter with a lower height for visibility. My 12 has been used but is in perfect condition and includes the screen cover. for more information see facebook marketplace and set your search area to include Port Alberni
  3. Olde School

2 choices: buy hull or sell my 2012 Yamaha F150 w/2000hrs

Hello, folks. Per the title, I am either looking for a hull to hang this motor on, or sell the motor. The motor is always dealer serviced every 100 hours, runs perfectly. It does have a few cosmetic blemishes. It is currently in use and I wouldn't hesitate to sell it to a friend. It was bought...
  4. Olde School

Yamaha 150 balancing shaft issue bit me

Sad to report that the motor on the new to me boat I bought in February has failed. THE major reason for my decision to purchase THIS boat was the 2007 Yamaha 150 had only 240 hours. A week ago the harmonic balancer went. It should be repair worthy but that will take weeks and close to $5K. I...
  5. Olde School

WTB parts of a trailer that connect the bow of the boat to the trailer

My new to me 18 foot striper has a Shorelander trailer with a Profile 2000 mast & winch set up. The geared part that the strap winds onto is shot. I'm now looking for a "mast", and the winch, and the part that comes off the "mast" for the winch to bolt onto. The tongue of this trailer is 3"...
  6. Olde School

Best way to add a removable piece of rigger cable?

This is a first world question, so not looking forward to getting heckled... I live in Port Alberni and the downrigger set up for sockeye is VERY different than the one for all other species of salmon, so much so that many of us here have 2 downriggers dedicated to sockeye fishing. The only...
  7. Olde School

SOLD Panther electric steering and throttle system. Wireless saltwater version. $1000 firm. FCFS in Port Alberni.

This system is working perfectly and is in excellent condition. It was last used during the Logger's Derby in early March. I used to have a bigger boats (22 and 25 feet) and the system was almost a necessity. I kept the system on my kicker when I swapped said kicker to my new-to-me 18 footer...
  8. Olde School

Seastar Baystar hydraulic steering system for sale in Port Alberni $1200

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/878171039932920?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A847810ec-a655-45be-abd2-930b05686f45
  9. Olde School

ISO SS prop 4 3/4" gearcase 15 spline 17p for 2007 Yamaha 150

Looking for a nice stainless prop. In Port Alberni but travel to Nanaimo and Parksville occasionally. TIA
  10. Olde School

NOT FOR SALE 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD crew 4x4 gas 6auto TRADE? - $23,999 (Port Alberni)

I have owned this since 2013 when it only had 73000km on, now it has 172000. I ride my bike to work so this truck sees highway miles primarily, it only gets used for 7000km most years lately. The previous owners were elderly, and I am a mature professional. This truck has never been abused. I...
  11. Olde School

FOUND&BOUGHT Striper 1850WA

Hello, everyone. Time to downsize, but still wanting something with a cuddy. I have narrowed it down to a Malibu 182, Campion 185 or 542, Striper 1851WA, or even a Bayliner Capri w/cuddy. Prefer a hardtop with more than 115hp. Something with older power, dead power, or no power will also work...
  12. Olde School

ISO Malibu 182. Purchase part trade on a 2006 Bayliner 246

Happy New Year everyone! I am in the market for a Malibu 182. Prefer a hardtop, prefer 150hp. I might consider a Campion 185 or 542. I will buy or, if someone is interested in a part trade, we are downsizing from our 2006 Bayliner 246 (valued at $65K). Please PM me if there you know of any...
  13. Olde School

TRIP CANCELLED DUE TO WINDS Festival of Lights. Transit from Nanaimo area - any buddy boats interested?

I've done this solo and with buddy boats. My preference is to make this trip with a loosely organized group (there is no need for a hard core plan). Our first window is this coming Saturday. We leave Nanaimo mid-afternoon on the day, then return the following day with the return time dependent...
  14. Olde School

SOLD 2006 Campion 622 sedan, Westcoast Edition. $54,999

This fuel efficient boat is an extremely rare edition of the highly sought after Campion 622. The “Westcoast Edition” came from the factory with the outboard pod, "rocket launcher"/radar arch, cabin sunroof, raw water washdown, and radar. This is an excellent day boat for families to fish and...
  15. Olde School

Bought one: Bayliner 246 or 266

No longer looking. Any leads on a BC boat are appreciated. Wanting a 5.7MPI, or a dead motor so I can pod it.
  16. Olde School

cushion for 1985? Searay 27 sunbridge

cushion for 1985? Searay 27 sunbridge 38" long, mostly 18" wide but 24" wide at the bottom. Boat is long gone. Save this from the landfill! In Port Alberni.
  17. Olde School

24 foot Cutwater, information requested.

Hello. My partner is getting tired of the small amenities of our Campion 622. The boat that has our attention is the 24 foot Cutwater. There have been several iterations over the years but I will only own an outboard model. I have 2 questions: 1) do you know of any way for us to charter one...
  18. Olde School

2022 Merc 200 NEMA connection question

My 2005 Yamaha F200 was a simple wire plugged into a port on the motor, then connected to my NEMA backbone. If I buy a new Merc, is it that simple, or do I need other parts?
  19. Olde School

SOLD 2008 Honda BF9.9 25" leg

Excellent condition, freshly tuned up at LA Marine. Starts immediately with either electric or pull start. 25" leg. Power trim. Tiller handle. 4 stroke = no oil mixing required. In Port Alberni. $2299, accepting offers Will remove ad when it sells.
  20. Olde School

Boating Instructors GREAT IDEA

About 35 years ago my parents became more serious about boating. They spent most of a winter going through a Canadian Power Squadron program. Not many years later I finally got my own first real boat. I am one of those who believe in best practices, so knew that even though I'd been boating...
Back