Search results

1. tidal shot

Dropping another persons fish off at processor

My sister is wanting to come out fishing with us for 3 days while we are on the island, but we will be picking her up on our way out and dropping her off on our way back every evening, which is 45 mins out of her way. My question is can we deliver her fish to be processed if we have a letter...
  2. tidal shot

Boat registration for brand new boat

So it’s been a month now since I picked up my new boat from the dealer, and still no registration numbers have shown up yet for the bow numbers. Dealers was suppose to register , I’m leaving for the island in 2 days and wondering if I’m going to get a ticket for not having the numbers on my boat?
  3. tidal shot

SHARK HIDE APPLICATION

ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE APPLYING SHARK HIDE TO THEIR ALUMINUM BOATS, AND HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
  4. tidal shot

New boat coming this week

Well I was going to sit this season out after selling my 2301 Striper last month. Then said screw it, only live once! I’ll post some picks after I receive it next week. Went with a smaller boat to use at the lake as well as being able to get out in descent weather on the west coast.
  5. tidal shot

Wanted... 18-20ft aluminum Hewescraft , northriver etc..

looking for a good used aluminum in the 18-20ft range, offshore bracket and reverse chine a must. Hewes northriver kingfisher etc.... let me know what you have. Thx
  6. tidal shot

2008 Striper 2301 Alaskan package

going to put my Striper up for sale this summer, don’t really want to sell her but want to buy a smaller boat to use back home. 250 mercury verado approx 550hrs 2017 9.9 mercury pro kicker electric start tilt tiller model one season use Garmin gps sounder with charts Rigged for Scotty down...
  7. tidal shot

Sky rocketing fuel prices

Who’s looking forward to see $2.oo a litre for fuel this summer? Already rethinking my entire fishing season If prices keep jumping up like they have in the last month, won’t be making too many offshore trips!
  8. tidal shot

Best place to get Radar installed north island area?

looking to get a Radar installed on my new baby, going to buy the set up here in Alberta and have it installed on the island next month when I drop her off. Just looking for a reputable place to get it done in the north area Cambell river - port hardy. Thx.
  9. tidal shot

2002 campion 552

10. tidal shot

Boat for sale that's over powered.

yesterday a viewed a Striper with a 225 Yamaha on it at a local dealership, it was recently repowered a couple seasons ago. While inspecting it I seen the capacity plater and it says Max 200HP . Just wondering what kind of trouble I guy could get into running over powered ?
  11. tidal shot

2002 campion explorer 552 for sale

2002 campion explorer 552i with 4.3l volvo penta with 270hrs comes with electric start long leg 9.9 yamaha kicker HDS5 sounder rigged up for downriggers new stand up top with side curtains factory canopy with camper top full travel tarp trim tabs easy loader trailer with bearing buddies...
  12. tidal shot

Where to buy bait near parksville and Qualicum?

Any places to get bait on a Sunday near Parksville or Qualicum on a Sunday? Getting in late on the ferry and don't really want to back track back to nanaimo if a guys does not have to. Thanks!
  13. tidal shot

Need help making a decision- nootka or Hardy mid August?

Have permission from the wife to go fishing from aug 12-19 any where on the island. I am torn between Nootka/Tahsas or port Hardy? Need a push in one direction or the other, want to try to book something soon. Thanks.
  14. tidal shot

End for ending vs. buying new line?

Just looking for some opinions on end for ending line on your reels or just breakdown and buy new line ? I personally only use the first 150-200yds on mine, which leaves 150+\- of untouched line on my reel.
  15. tidal shot

Favorite anchovy teaser/ flasher combo

What's everyone's favorite combo when fishing with anchovies? My go to combo is the purple haze teaser and flasher, second is gold and red hotspot with glow green teaser head.
  16. tidal shot

Places to stay in Port Hardy

Any recommendations for somewhere to stay in Hardy which you can dock your boat close by? We usually stay at telegraph cove every year, but we thing we might try something different this time.
  17. tidal shot

Favorite mooching/downrigger rod for salmon?

Want to know what guys are running for rods, and how they perform for the price of them? Looking to upgrade another rod to a 10'6" but on the fence of what to try.
  18. tidal shot

Nootka sound late middle of August

We are heading to Nootka middle of August, what will we be expecting for action this time of year? We were hoping for some inside fishing this trip seeing that my crew is not big water fans. What type of tackle shall a guy be running that late in the season? Thanks.
  19. tidal shot

Port Hardy - need help

We plan on making a day trip to Port Hardy, we are fishing out of port McNeil but want to try a day around Hardy. We have a pretty good boat so we can travel a bit, just wondering where to spend our time at, we will launch from Hardy. Always heard that Hardy produces good fish, just don't...
  20. tidal shot

Anyone use any other than salt for their anchovies?

Just wondering if guys use anything else for preparing their anchovies and herring? I have only used pickling salt, but seen some stuff from procure that looks good
Back