Search results

1. tidal shot

2023 Winter Harbour Reports

we fished where you did this morning, got a good 45mins in before the wife turned green and had to pound my way back inside again! Did manage to grab a 24lb spring and a teenager for our short excursion, SE wind made it like a washing machine out there in the beer can I have now lol!
  2. tidal shot

How deep were you fishing?
  3. tidal shot

Anything happen out around Brooks bay? Or is Everything offshore right now? Heading out in the morning, and not too sure which way to go?
  4. tidal shot

Any reports on if the Springs still kicking around? We will be hitting coal harbour Tuesday morning for our first trip back in years. Be out in a red Hewescraft hard top with a black roof rack, if you see us give us a wave!
  5. tidal shot

Dropping another persons fish off at processor

I have really not paid to much attention to this in the past when we would all pack camp into Nootka for a week. One guy would pull the camper the other guy hauled the fish and boat home, never really put any thought into it. But guess was just lucky back then.
  6. tidal shot

I looked in DFO web site and found the regs for transportation of third parties fish.
  7. tidal shot

I wouldn’t want to see how much that would cost $$$$
  8. tidal shot

My sister is wanting to come out fishing with us for 3 days while we are on the island, but we will be picking her up on our way out and dropping her off on our way back every evening, which is 45 mins out of her way. My question is can we deliver her fish to be processed if we have a letter...
  9. tidal shot

2022 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Heading to Rupert on July 3rd, any tips would be great! Totally new area for me, so hopefully we are successful and up for a new adventure
  10. tidal shot

I’m all about conservation, but can’t swallow it when you know that they are full out netting them at the mouth of the river. Just getting fed up with the Rec side getting crapped on to appease FN agendas, losing ground every year!
  11. tidal shot

Absolutely ridiculous! Close it during prime time, then after 2 fish possession till August 1 will make the decision to not bother going.
  12. tidal shot

If they plan on closing it they should announce it sooner than later, I can’t imagine trying to run a charter service now days! It’s getting impossible to plan anything ahead anymore, snap closers and total disorganized regulations.
  13. tidal shot

Trying to schedule a trip finally to Rupert, been fishing the island for 35 years and am fed up with the damn ferry! Any tips would be appreciated, trying to schedule end of June, first week of July. Any rumours of them closing Chinook like last year?
  14. tidal shot

2021 Winter Harbour Reports

Fished winter harbour 3,4,5 august and did well with Springs. We fished 3 days at north of Hardy and struck out hard, only found small feeders and slow action. First day we hit Grants, and we lit it up hard! We were the only boat in there and it was on fire, multiple double headers, fish hitting...
  15. tidal shot

2021 Port Hardy Reports

We were there 3rd,4th, 5th.
  16. tidal shot

2021 Port Hardy Reports

I love fishing those places as well, but with this stupid slot limit of 80cm we fished there the second morning and released 10 springs all way over 80cm. The action was awesome but I don’t like playing that game, if I get a bleeder I want to take it not throw it away!
  17. tidal shot

2021 Port Hardy Reports

We fished up top Sutil and above for three days and caught nothing but small 10-12lbs, slow very slow action! We pulled out and trailed to winter harbour and was on the fish right away, hammered 4 springs in 1.5hrs all in the 20’s. Bottom fishing was good as well.
  18. tidal shot

2021 Port Hardy Reports

Any reports lately? Bait size etc… any halibut been trolled up?
  19. tidal shot

2021 Winter Harbour Reports

Me and my partner are heading up first week of august for the first time. We plan on fishing Hardy and Winter harbour this trip, just wondering how long a run from port Alice vs coal harbour is? We usually cruise 28-30mph with a 20ft searunner. I know North Hardy very well but haven’t been to...
  20. tidal shot

2020 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Yes the new owners of the newer marina are difficult to deal with. I quit going there, since they jacked the price on moorage and the RV park, they are Americans and could care less if you have been going there since it was built.
Back