Search results

1. vetteman

Wildlife Allocations Update/Vancouver Island

It appears that Minister Thomson claims that he's not hearing enough from us about the Roosevelt Elk/Guide split. This is where we live guys so if he wants to hear more then lets give him more. Flood his office, Premier Clarks office and your local MLA's office with letters telling them that...
  2. vetteman

Wildlife Allocation Policy/Nanaimo Town Hall Meeting

Hi All, I've just been able to confirm the date for the Town Hall Meeting to be held in Nanaimo. It will be held in the main clubhouse at the Nanaimo F & G Club on Wednesday, January 21st 2015. If you care about this issue then it's in your best interest to attend. The address is 1325...
  3. vetteman

Upper Campbell Lake

Can anyone tell me what the water level is like on Upper Campbell Lake? Dave
  4. vetteman

Nanaimo F & G Club Banquet/Fundraiser

Not trying to upstage your post Bryan but we've got a fundraiser coming up in Nanaimo as well. All are welcome! Dave...
  5. vetteman

Canning at your Campsite

You gotta love this! http://www.usednanaimo.com/classified-ad/Pressure-Canner--Cooker---Great-for-Canning-Fish-Right-at-Your-Campsite_17419010 Dave
  6. vetteman

Alexander Morton

Alexandra Morton Alexandra Morton will be speaking and giving a presentation to the members of the BCWF at their region meeting which will be held at the Nanaimo F & G Club on June the 10th at 1:30 PM. Because of the nature and importance of her presentation, this presentation will be open to...
  7. vetteman

Mercury Smart Craft Gauge

I've got a Mercury SmarCcraft gauge and wiring harness for sale.Works with late 90's and early 2000's Smartcraft ready Mercury Outboard motors. $150.00 Dave 250-758-5727
  8. vetteman

Old Threads???

What's with all the old threads showing up? Dave
  9. vetteman

Upper Campbell/Buttle Lakes

Anybody able to give me a report as to how the fishing has been in these lakes? We're heading up there on Friday for 5 or 6 days and would appreciate a report. Also, is the lake up or down? Dave
  10. vetteman

Alberni Sockeye

I just got a call from the canal. The sockeye are starting to bite. Dave
  11. vetteman

John Koury

For those of you who may be interested, Nanaimo/Cowichan Conservative candidate John Koury has asked to speak to the members of the Nanaimo F & G Club and he's going to get his wish. When I asked his campaign manager, Reed Elley what he wanted to talk about he answered that he wanted to address...
  12. vetteman

Nanaimo F & G Turkey Shoots

Once again the Nanaimo F & G Club will be holding its annual Turkey Shoot and Prize Shoot.The Turkey Shoot will be held on December 11th and 12th.In addition to the shotgun sports,the rifle range will be operating and on the 12th the Archery division will be operating as well.This is one of the...
  13. vetteman

Wanted Daiwa 275/375

With so many guys upgrading to Islander reels and the likes there must be someone in the Mid Island area wanting to sell a Daiwa 275 or 375 mooching reel.I could use one or two more.Give me a call if you've got something. Dave 250-758-5727/Nanaimo
  14. vetteman

Fixed Kicker Bracket?????

I'm going to mount a kicker on the transom of my boat beside the main motor.However,for things to work right with my longshaft motor I'm going to need to mount a pad on the transom to get the correct mounting height. The pads I can by from the local boat shop are pre drilled but the holes will...
  15. vetteman

Nanaimo F & G Turkey Shoot

The Nanaimo F & G Turkey Shoot will be held this year on Dec 12th & 13th.We'll be holding Trap and Rifle events and the Archers will be holding events on the Sunday as well.This is one of the biggest events of it's kind in Western Canada.We'll hand out somewhere in the neighbourhood of 700...
  16. vetteman

Nanaimo F & G Turkey Shoot

The Nanaimo F & G Turkey Shoot will be held this year on Dec 12th & 13th.We'll be holding Trap and Rifle events and the Archers will be holding events on the Sunday as well.This is one of the biggest events of it's kind in Western Canada.We'll hand out somewhere in the neighbourhood of 700...
  17. vetteman

Bates Beach Shore Fishing

Is there any shore fishing from the Bates Beach area in Comox at this time of year?We're heading up there for the weekend but the boat is staying at home.I'm thinking about throwing some casting gear in to help pass the time. Dave
  18. vetteman

Nanoose Boat Ramp

What's the status on the boat ramp at the Nanoose Reserve?The marina looks pretty well deserted and the floats look ready to sink but the ramp still looks okay.Does the FN band still allow us to use it.It's a lot quicker for me to tow my boat there and launch if I want too fish the Winchelsea...
Back