Search results

1. vetteman

2017 Alberni Inlet

Thanks. Heading up there in a few minutes.
  2. vetteman

2017 Alberni Inlet

Were the fish deep or shallow?
  3. vetteman

2017 Alberni Inlet

Heading up from Nanaimo tomorrow. We'll see what transpires.
  4. vetteman

2017 Alberni Inlet

Quite true!
  5. vetteman

2017 Alberni Inlet

Hocking Point.
  6. vetteman

2017 Alberni Inlet

Come on Deryk. A big time tackle magnate like you should be able to afford to put a hootchie on at least some of your lines.
  7. vetteman

2017 Alberni Inlet

Depends where you were yesterday. We limited with the last 6 being caught in less than 20 minutes. Didn't have time to get the gear down on both sides at the same time. Some pretty good fish showing yesterday.
  8. vetteman

2016 Alberni Inlet

And for those of us who do sit on the SFAB it's painfully obvious that the whole DFO process leaves a lot to be desired! Dave
  9. vetteman

ice, in Nanaimo or?

Hub City Fisheries in South Nanaimo or French Creek Seafood in French Creek. Both have salt ice. Dave
  10. vetteman

2016 Alberni Inlet

Yeah, looks like we'll head up tomorrow afternoon and probably take some Chinook gear in case we decide to rip out to the sound.
  11. vetteman

2016 Alberni Inlet

Any word on sockeye success today ( Wednesday ). The boat is loaded and ready to go.
  12. vetteman

Alberni Inlet 2015

Lots of Sockeye last Tuesday/Wednesday (August 11/12). Fished deep, 100 feet, from Lone Tree to the booming grounds before China Creek. Lots of big schools that the sounder couldn't penetrate. In addition, the Coho and Chinook were there as well. 12 Sockeye, 2 Coho and 2 Chinook in the boat over...
  13. vetteman

2015 Halibut Regulations

http://sfab.ca/ Should be able to see everything on this site before long. Dave
  14. vetteman

Launch and park in Alberni

Done the Toquart trip dozens of times over the years but it's more like 1 1/2 hours. If the 16k from the highway into Toquart is bad then it can take a lot longer. Dave
  15. vetteman

Abbotsford Cabelas

Gotta agree Bryan. My kids just bought me a box yesterday. In fact, what am I doing on this stupid computer when I could be sitting in front of the TV eating some of it. Dave
  16. vetteman

what batteries to get???

Discount Battery is where I've bought all my batteries for years. Big boat, little boat, camper, truck, Jeep, quads and the Harley. Dave
  17. vetteman

2015 Nanaimo Reports

Hey Sculpin, PM sent. Dave
  18. vetteman

Halibut and Harpoons

A buddy of mine tried to wrestle one with no float last year and he ended up with a broken arm for his trouble. I fish with my wife so we always use a float. Dave
  19. vetteman

Wildlife Allocations Update/Vancouver Island

Thanks to all who turned out tonight. Sculpins right. Keep those letters coming. You know what you have to do so let's get it done. Dave
  20. vetteman

Wildlife Allocations Update/Vancouver Island

We've rented an extra 125 chairs and the lower hall has had an audio feed set up for overflow. Would still be nice to see people turned away though. It would help to get the message out. Dave
Back