Search results

1. fishbadger

Twin Yamaha F150 4-stroke outboards with all controls, gauges and rigging, $7400US

Yes they're down in the US. Portland, OR to be more specific. fb
  2. fishbadger

Twin Yamaha F150 4-stroke outboards with all controls, gauges and rigging, $7400US

Meticulously maintained plug and play repower with twin 2005 Yamaha F150’s, 3000 hours. These motors have served me perfectly over the years, but I’m repowering with 200 hp twins to get a little more power. They are available with all controls, gauges, rigging, fuel lines, hydraulic steering...
  3. fishbadger

Rebuilding Scotty Release Clips

+1 for weed trimmer line and crimps. . .cheap, easy, simple to shorten length, fb
  4. fishbadger

High Tech Jigging

That is a jig stroke I haven't tried for sure. It would be interesting to see what they think of that. I will second how fast they are, they swim faster than any of us can reel. By a lot. I'm sure we've all seen how many have boiled right at the surface after burning it up as fast as we can...
  5. fishbadger

High Tech Jigging

I threw the whole box at them over the course of the trip. PW-darts (3 different sizes), coltsiper in a couple difft colors in 60 and 90g, shimano flat falls, etc. I varied my action a lot. I tried different scents. This is no anomaly. It's not like "oh, they just don't want it like that...
  6. fishbadger

High Tech Jigging

I love jigging for chinook. But I can't solve the riddle of Barkley with this technique. This last weekend, as I'm sure everybody knows, Barkley was loaded with biting springs. I killed the first couple to the boat after a pass or two trolling and put the net away for the day. Caught and...
  7. fishbadger

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Might have an effect. Seems to be a monster-numbers chinook run in Washington too, I think this class of 3 y/o's migrated into a friendly la nina ocean a few years back as well. I don't know about you guys but I haven't handled a high % of 4 y/o fish this year. . .lots of cookie cutters and...
  8. fishbadger

LAPEROUSE. PART VII. Laperouse

Thanks for taking the time to put fingers to keyboard on that trip. I travel and fish and camp alone a lot too, and you nailed the vibe, fb
  9. fishbadger

LAPEROUSE. PART IV. The Fish

'ts what I was thinking, do you have a part number for that? fb
  10. fishbadger

2023 Tuna Adventures

Mako would make sense, a bunch of them are caught by the albi crews out of Westport, so why not. fb
  11. fishbadger

Knot for braid to gangion?

Guess I'm the odd man out. . .simple doubled-over overhand knot to a swivel, fb
  12. fishbadger

Fake Pacific Net and Twine website?

Yup, good call, I was going to mention that but forgot. I reported the site to Google, and suggest anybody else interested in the idea do so as well. Hopefully it will gain some traction and pull that site down. fb
  13. fishbadger

Fake Pacific Net and Twine website?

Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. They got me today. Unreal deal on some mooching rods, with free shipping AND a 17% off "random discount". Such a killer deal I decided to order two! When my credit card info was entered and I pressed the complete purchase button, it stalled for a...
  14. fishbadger

Westjet ruins fishing trip

Every airline gets weird about dry ice these days, no matter what their website says. fb
  15. fishbadger

2022 Tuna Adventures

I'll be in Bamfield fishing Aug 14-19, if anybody want to run and we get a weather window and decent chloro shot, PM me. Westport to the south is lights out right now, 45 nm out, but haven't looked to see if the highway has connected up to JDF, fb
  16. fishbadger

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Thanks for the report, that bigger one is a friggin gem! I hope your kids remember the thump it made when it hit the deck, fb
  17. fishbadger

The Vashon-West Seattle run was playing bumper boats today

They called it a "hard landing" :D I wonder what classifies as a crash around here, fb
  18. fishbadger

2022 Central Coast Reports

Is Rivers Inlet the kind of place where a guy can bring his own boat and fish a bit? I'm guessing trailer to the north part of the island and launch and transit on a weather window? fb
Back