Search results

1. Daveroo

Replacing original hooks on spoons

I did maintenance today of my gear after a couple of weekends of fishing and having some breakage and failures. One of my items to do was replace the original hooks on some spoons. This is a Gibbs Cop Car after only one fish being hooked on it. I would like to say this was due to a tyee size...
  2. Daveroo

SOLD Prawn Trap, Daiwa Mooching Reels, Scotty Rodholders

Clearing out the garage of some old stuff I never use. Basic prawn trap only. I've never used it, so can't tell you much about it. $20 SOLD Daiwa M-One Plus Mooching reels. My first reels. Have 2 for sale. $15 each SOLD Scotty rod holders. $5 each OBO SOLD Located in Vancouver
  3. Daveroo

Cannonball weights for lake fishing

Most of my downrigger gear is set up for saltwater fishing. For lakes such as Okanagan and Wood Lake, what weight cannonballs do you guys use?
  4. Daveroo

Beginner Trolling set up

I have a couple of beginner set ups for trolling. If you want to try fishing but don't want to invest in an expensive setup, these will do. Daiwa M One and Daiwa M One Plus mooching reels on 10'6" and 9'6" rods. $40 OBO for the whole works. In Vancouver.
  5. Daveroo

Need place for boat in Okanagan away from fire

Just putting some feelers out there. I towed my boat to Kelowna earlier this summer. I kept it there with the intention of using it off and on throughout the summer. However, the fires have changed plans a bit and I won't be out there for any extended time again. It is in storage right by the...
  6. Daveroo

Wood Lake fishing

Going to try fishing Wood Lake for the first time and have a couple of questions. First where is the best place to launch a Campion 542? Not a fan of gravel launches. Second, what part of the Lake should I start fishing? The north or south end? Or maybe near the middle?
  7. Daveroo

ISO 14' Jon Boat

I am thinking of getting a second small Jon boat for freshwater fishing. My Campion is too big for some of the smaller lakes I want to fish in. With the 10HP restrictions of many lakes, here is what I am looking for: 14' Jon boat, preferably 40"-48" bottom width 8 or 9.9 HP 4 stroke engine...
  8. Daveroo

Oh no! No more Pink Apartments!

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/west-vancouver-pink-palace-redevelopment How are we going to know where to fish anymore? :)
  9. Daveroo

Water in tank possibly

I am suspecting I have water in my fuel. Here is what happened this morning. My boat has been sitting idle in my garage for about a year. I did add fuel stabilizer. It has about 2/3 full tank. This morning, I decided to take it out for the first time this year for a test run. The main engine...
  10. Daveroo

Shuswap Lake fishing

We are thinking of spending a week on Shuswap Lake in mid July. Any hints to fishing the lake? Where are the best spots to fish. Troll along the shoreline? fish deep? It's a big lake to explore in only a week and fishing will just be a secondary activity for us. I'll be bringing my boat along...
  11. Daveroo

Bearing and hub for ez loader

I need to replace bearings and possibly hub for an ez loader single axle trailer. Mine went kaput on me today. What is the best way to ensure I buy the right sizes? Do all ez loader single axle trailers use same bearings and hubs? I just need the parts. I have someone who can help me change them.
  12. Daveroo

Kicker motor problem, cuts out after running for a while

I had a problem with my kicker on my last sockeye outing. After running for a while, it would just die. Then it would not start up again. After trolling for a while on my main, I decided to try the kicker again. It started up a ran fine. BNut after trolling for a while it did the same thing...
  13. Daveroo

No 2 Road Boat Launch

Anyone know what time the No 2 Road boat launch opens up these days? Looking for alternatives for MacDonald Beach for today. Looking to head out now and Vanier is low tide this morning.
  14. Daveroo

Whistler fishing

I'm in whistler for the weekend. I brought my fly and salmon spinning rods. I want to sneak out for a couple of hours for some fishing. In willing to drive as far as 30 minutes only from here. As far as Pemberton to North or Squamish to south. Where do you recommend? A couple of other...
  15. Daveroo

Coopers Green Launch

I am thinking about taking my boat to Sunshine coast for a few days. Anyone have any thoughts on launching at Coopers Green boat launch? I have an 19' Campion Explorer 542.
  16. Daveroo

Leader and hooks for halibut rig

I'm preparing a couple of halibut spreader bar rigs for Nootka. What do most people use for the leader? Mono versus steel? 100lb, 130lb or 150lb? I see YouTubes with tandem singles, I've also see trebles, and I've see singles. Any feedback is appreciated.
  17. Daveroo

Older Scotty plug Ins

I have a pair of the older Hella plugs for my Scotty 1100 series downriggers. Every year I have to take them apart to clean and sand them or redo the wire connection. What happens at some point is that my connection eventually becomes very unreliable and I have to reach down and push the plug...
  18. Daveroo

List of things to fix after the first trip of the season...

I took the boat out today for the first time this season and dragged some tackle for a couple of hours just to checked out if everything was working after being in storage for winter. I found a short laundry list of things to fix on the shakedown cruise. Here is what I found and what I think I...
  19. Daveroo

WTB Spare trailer tire and rim

I am looking to pick up a trailer tire and rim to act as a spare on my longer trips. It is a 5 lug ST205/75R14. I am in the Vancouver area.
  20. Daveroo

Where to get trailer serviced in Vancouver area

As the title says, where are some of the recommended places that can service a trailer in the Vancouver area? I have a single axle EZ Load and needs some brake work done.
Back