Search results

1. P

2024 Sooke Reports

Canada only clips 10-15% of its hatchery production so wild doesn't always mean wild.
  2. P

2024 Sooke Reports

The Aug fish was from Cascade River, the Sept 9th from Minter Ck and the last one from Deschutes River..all of them were 3 year olds.
  3. P

2024 Sooke Reports

Got the results of 20 clipped Chinook heads from area 20 (Otter Pt) summer 2023. 3 had tags and were caught Aug 10, Sept 9 and 13th. All from Puget Sound area streams.
  4. P

Coop marked gas with ethanol.

On top of stabilizers start up your motors more often when sitting not being used especially if a carbed engine. You want to clear the float bowls and jets of the older fuel before the ethanol begins to seperate out and then gum up the jets. Run up motors on muffs long enough to come up to...
  5. P

I can't see that as the actual gas producers no longer offer it. I was told they all have stopped straight gas as of Oct 1st/23
  6. P

Need to find a Yamaha 9.9 Part

Wrong model for me...that is the original 9.9 with no power tilt option. I had those before there were better options.
  7. P

Todays 4 strokes are small displacement big HP and higher revving engines. I wouldn't run regular in any higher performance engine especially if you are spinning upwards of 6000 rpms and typically more than 4000. Also these engines have to do all their work with one gear...no transmission to...
  8. P

Chevron 94 also has ethanol as of Oct 1st last year. The gas companies had until 2030 to comply with Gov requirements for it to be in all gas...they all decided to do it early. So there are no ethanol free choices now.
  9. P

2006 Yamaha 9.9 Powerhead

Bumping this post back to life. Someone must have a 9.9 Big block kicker that has lots of hours on it and is showing signs of its use. They are great engines that are superior to their new counterparts. Very low hours on this powerhead and is something I will not use as I already have another...
  10. P

Sea star kicker steering

On my 2006 9.9 Yamaha the clamps are beefy enough that the motor would not tilt up enough before contacting the cylinder. The shop I was using at the time (SG Power) was cutting them all off on their installs so I knew that before hand.
  11. P

Sea star kicker steering

It is the same cylinder as the main. If going fully hydraulic on both main and kicker you do have to bolt the kicker to the transom and cut off the transom screw clamps to clearance the cylinder when you raise the motor up. Otherwise the clamps will hit the cylinder and prevent the kicker from...
  12. P

Canucks 2023-2024 season

No that wasn't interference on Petey in OT. The offending player then scores before Petey could get to him. What a joke...would like to personally ask the ref what interference is?
  13. P

Kicker steering hydraulic tie in

All the liquid valve does is add your kicker to the system when in the on position and eliminate it when off. So your mains will be come off the valve on one line which is always live so to speak and your kicker on a separate one that is live when the valve opens that line as well.
  14. P

Discarding old flares

They don't seem to give you much choice other than a practice session and fire them off. I have a bunch. May take them out to our waterfront cabin at Gordon's Beach on a rainy day and just fire them off low into the water.
  15. P

Salmon Netting Technique

Funniest/saddest net story in my lifetime. Fishing the Robber Pass area in Barkley. A middle aged couple from Wash state are in a 17ft Arima and he is playing a fish. He played this fish for a very long, long time...big bite going off we hooked and landed 2 while he battled this one fish. To...
  16. P

2023 Sooke Reports

A Dec 31st afternoon photo from our Gordon's Beach cabin. Doesn't get much better. To bad I had no time to drop a line.
  17. P

Salmon Netting Technique

Before you get to netting..make sure everyone knows the plan...where the guy on the rod needs to get to (on my boat as far forward as possible up against the alaskan bulkhead)...the fish will dictate which side of the boat that will be on...and also where the netter wants to be. Another key is...
  18. P

2023 Sidney Reports

Buy yourself a lighter aluminum handle and net rim net...Scotty nets are well made but heavy. I prefer light which allows you to be quicker handling it. Stuff the handle with foam in a can so it doesn't sink if you drop it...and its still light weight.
  19. P

2006 Yamaha 9.9 Powerhead

I still have this 9.9 low hour powerhead which fits any of the pre 2007 9.9's that have the spin on type oil filter as shown in the picture. This is the same block used in the same year 15 HP models and is often referred to as the big block 9.9 They were probably the best 9.9 Yamaha ever put...
Back