Search results

1. banger17

Salmon Netting Technique

agree with many of the comments: 1) slow way down, and sometimes even neutral. Not necessarily technique related but nothing like playing a big fish with all engines off. 2) rod holder is in charge. May seem slightly confusing as netter wants to get the job done, but feel of the rod and fight...
  2. banger17

maximum size/weight outboard for 1992 Campion Explorer 17ft C/C

I have the same model, but a 1994. Have a 115hp 2 stroke Yammy on the back with an 8hp kicker. It is heavy in the rear end, but not terribly. I would put a 90 on if I was to do it all over again. No need for me to do over 45 mph anymore, either!
  3. banger17

Favorite Picture from 2023 fishing season

Although not big, we had amazing action and these kids were like pigs in s”it at the action one evening in Renfrew. And how about your kids suggesting and helping cook up the days catch? And then capping it all off…
  4. banger17

Favorite Picture from 2023 fishing season

beauty - and the pirate flag may just be the icing on the cake for me!
  5. banger17

Mistakes

Some good stories! Luckily to date, I have yet to forget the plug (knocking on wood here as I type). One simple, silly, and relatively cheap one, thankfully. Trolling out in Bamfield and was a busy time with manning rods, battling some wind, trying to stay on tack, hurry to get the lines back...
  6. banger17

Squid fishing maple bay?

Off the government dock right in front of the beach. Lights on overhead. Can’t remember the time of year but it was warm and you definitely don’t need a boat
  7. banger17

Coho or Chinook??

Had what i was pretty sure to be a hybrid in Renfrew last week around 12lbs. Few spots on upper tail and grey/blackish gums. Few spots on upper back and lack of green and bright chrome on top was deal breaker for us. They are out there!
  8. banger17

2023 Nanaimo Reports

beauty morning! And thats some crazy blowback on the riggers there. Impressive! trolling speed?
  9. banger17

Let’s see your towing rig!

Here they are, in all their glory!
  10. banger17

Rod tension

Who doesn’t like it tight?
  11. banger17

2023 Port Renfrew Reports

1) Dinner at the pub was pretty good quality, although the service wasn’t top notch and they seemed short staffed. 2) Fishing has been solid to say the least. Camper and East Point have had some amazing bites. Last evening at East we had non stop action for a couple of hours and the same with...
  12. banger17

Boat vacationing at its finest

love it! Looks like @Rain City is there as well???
  13. banger17

Desolation Sounds Beaches

Ya I can't remember many or any within Desolation itself. We always did day trips for the beach activities to Hernando or Savary. Good luck!
  14. banger17

Maui Wild Fires Marina gone

Tragic indeed. Been there before and it was amazing. We are slated to stay just north of there in November. Figure we will give it a couple of weeks to see what the outlook is, and then decide whether to pull the chute.
  15. banger17

Right rod to rocks/shore

In the example in your third paragraph, I think it very much depends on how far off-shore that other RR2S boat is, and how deep it is on the inside of him/her. If they are 500 yards off the beach and is the "inside" boat, I dont see a problem with it. If they are 50 yards off the beach and you...
  16. banger17

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Ok, educate and entertain me here... If I was a casual Joe fishing Barkley Sound in all the usual haunts with 2 rods down, would fishing with an in-line flasher increase my chances of hooking up, or not? Give me some real stats and literature, etc.
  17. banger17

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Put in a quick 2 hour shift this evening and tried something a bit different than the pack. Chose to fish up along the structure and 120ft contour line past Neck Point towards Brickyard. Plenty of action, but mostly a few smalls/just undersized that we threw back. Had a couple really good...
  18. banger17

Hot stock tips

I jumped onto the AI train about 6 months back with Palantir (PLTR). They are a pretty serious player with US department of defence and globally. One of the few I have that seems like a possible bright light. Already a double up which feels nice.
  19. banger17

Hot stock tips

In a way, I hope so. haha
  20. banger17

Hot stock tips

Guess I should have listened to my brother when he was pushing me to get into XRP over the last year or so? Damn!
Back