Search results

1. G

Sturgeon

2 so far this year. using sock heads, roe, oolies, lamprey & bellies. Should pick up soon!
  2. G

Nikka in Richmond is closing...October 31

This sucks, I've been shopping there for years. Steveston Marine does not have anyone near as good n high end electronics. PNT will see a jump in sales, time to go raid Nikka for a 20 year supply of my favorite hootches.
  3. G

Missing Chinooks......

How about the miniscule #'s of red springs? I know a guy at a fish plant who says almost no red springs this yr. Is this a result of bait or lack of? Just curious?
  4. G

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

I thought about it, too much chop for the lil boat. Besides the commies were at it til 5 and the river was a gong show.
  5. G

Sockeye Size this year

I took no pics but have got 2-11 lb socks so far out of 40 odd. Lots of 7 & 8 lb ones tho. I have not seen many small ones this yr. Maybe I've been lucky. My fish plant buddy says Johnstone straight fish have been averaging 7 lbs. Enough of these socks, I'm going after springs today.
  6. G

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Got 16 @ south end yesterday, 50-60' lots of dummy flashers is the trick. Ran 3 riggers, one with just flashers. Green flash pink hootchie. Saw lots of late run jumpers as the day went on. We fished away from the costco parking lot insanity. 300 yds. off the pack we filled up real fast.
  7. G

Recommendations - Boat top maker Richmond - Van area

Use zippo lighter fluid & rag to wipe off sharpie marks Steely.
  8. G

Recommendations - Boat top maker Richmond - Van area

Haruna is the best bet around here. They do stand behind their work and have done great for me twice.
  9. G

Sockeye Techniques

^^^^That right there looks just like the 10 I use!^^^^ Tried & true
  10. G

Sand heads

The closest launch is Steveston harbor authority launch just to the right at the south end of #2 rd. I think it is $12.00 per day to use. This is the only launch that tides do not matter at all, as it is deep enough to go at the lowest tides and the ramp is not an axle eater at low tide...
  11. G

New Governance Model needed for Freshwater Fisheries Society

This should be open and accountable to all stakeholders, as in everyone who is a contributor should have some chance at being heard. This should be kept away from bureaucratic interference and agenda highjacking, as is sadly not the case with federal fisheries.
  12. G

2 Scotty depthpower downriggers for sale $675.00

2 scotty downriggers for sale, only salty once, excellent condition, with bags & plugs. $675.00 can show working on my boat for interested buyers. PM me with a ph # Thanks I'm in Richmond
  13. G

Anyone see this

I told my Grandson to not do the laundry with the remote control sub!
  14. G

Maximum Width Without Permit?....

As mentioned 8'6"wide & 75 feet long 14'6" high unless lower height posted on obstruction above. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  15. G

Boat launch close to Sand heads and T10?

Some crazy locals launch at high tide turn left and cut over the rip rapp at Shady Island and then go around the fish box into the river, 3 mins from launch to main channel. This is only advised if you know the small low spot next to shady Island tho. Having a less strenuous start up and cool...
  16. G

Boat launch close to Sand heads and T10?

As getbent stated, Steveston Harbor Authority launch at the south end of #2 rd. is the closest to Sandheads. This launch is no problem at the lowest tides. $10.00 to launch.
  17. G

Fraser River Sockeye 2013

They were out in full force the very day you posted this. The south arm was a drift net gauntlet. I did see more DFO there than I have in some time tho...
  18. G

BC Provincial Election-I Voted Already

I personally hope neither of the 2 big party options gets a majority. A split between the Fiberals and Dippers with John VanDongen, Moe Gill & Vicki Huntington holding the balance of power would serve all of us way better than Dix Or Chrispy. After all both the leaders of the 2 biggest parties...
Back