Search results

1. B

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Pardon what may be a dumb question but can anyone enlighten me on where these fish are travelling from to get to the Fraser? I ask because as a guy that hasn't grown a big enough pair to come across the straight from Ladysmith to participate in this fishery (always concerned with potential boat...
  2. B

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Forgot to mention that a humpback whale breached about 30 ft away from the boat. Cool to see but kind of scary too ... lol.
  3. B

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Boxed a couple good eaters this morning (done in an hour) ... a 7 and 9# just off Grande in about 200 ft water with riggers at 150 and 130 dragging Bon Chovy flashers and Irish cream spoons both sides. Damn boat issues getting the better of us though. Third time out that we've had to go back...
  4. B

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Rain City ....... riggers at 80 and 120 with all hits in 100 to 200 water depth. Including the two we kept ....... we had 11 fish to the boat. A mix of undersize chinooks and wild coho. Irish Cream spoons and green onion flasher.
  5. B

Hit Grande to Entrance today ...... got my 11 year old nephew into his first fish ..... a 7 pound spring. He also caught a 6 pound hatch coho. Needless to say he was ecstatic with the experience ... grin from ear to ear for the entire trip which makes me super happy considering I had bought him...
  6. B

Yeah ...... everything worked. Flashers were Bon Chovy and I think the other is called green onion. White hoochie ..... Army Truck hoochie ...... Bon Chovy spoon ....... Cookies and Cream spoon and another spoon that the name escapes me (Edit:looked it up .. it was a Herring Aid) were gear we...
  7. B

Epic day for us at Thrasher and Grande area today. 25 fish to the boat released without coming out of the water. Of the 25 ...... 15 were of keeper size. One looked to be in the 15 lb range ...... 3 in the 10-12 lb range ..... 4 maybe 8-10 lbs and the rest were comprised of shaker to 5-6 lb...
  8. B

Thanks MadJigga ........ Iv'e got some good insight now. Consider this line of dialogue on this particular thread closed.
  9. B

Raincity ........ yeah I get it. Wasn't trying to insight some bitching over any topic ........ just thought I could pose the question where relevant eyes would actually view it and potentially offer some quick tips. The dialogue would have been very short. I was able to gain some insight from...
  10. B

Can anyone offer a few pointers on jigging for Lings around Thrasher or Entrance? Have never participated in that fishery but with the chinook regs being the way they are the last season and likely the same or tighter this season ...... will be looking to try jigging for Ling in addition to...
  11. B

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hit Thrasher today ....... stayed in close to the pin most of the time but damned if we could get a keeper spring this outing either. A few under size and not near the same number or frequency of hits as on last Monday. We did get a surprise though ......... a nice lingcod caught a ride on the...
  12. B

Fished Thrasher today ........ first five minutes of lines in the water and fish on ........ but it was a couple cm's under ......... and that's how it went for about 20 fish we brought to the boat side today .......... every one of them just under and every one of them liking the cop car spoon...
  13. B

I'm certain they have had Area 17 open and 29 closed in prior years ........ and I don't recall any reports of enforcement being an issue (meaning people being harassed about where they caught their fish on the particular day). Unless enforcement is going to be ramped up at the boundary of 17...
  14. B

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hit Thrasher today and we were rewarded with a 15 lb spring and a keeper hatch coho. Had about 20 fish on all together ......... I'd say 10 coho and 10 springs with five of the ten coho being keeper size but had to go back in as they were wild and the others were little guys, just the one hatch...
  15. B

Thanks for your clarification. I find the 8 pounders to be good eats but if I could find the bigger ones I'd gladly forego the 8's for 18's ............ just haven't been able to connect with them yet. Cheers
  16. B

Coho are next years fish? I thought they become unrestricted on June 1. The under size are definitely next years though ....... you may have misunderstood my statement? Cheers
  17. B

Kept a 7 and 9 pound between Grande and Entrance today with 4 or 5 under size let go. Also hooked 3 coho ......... too bad non-retention on them for a wee bit longer. Irish cream got'm all. It's been many many weeks of success ......... can't complain about a damn thing (ie: wind, chop, crap in...
  18. B

Great day at Thrasher/Grande/Entrance today. Started on the Grande side of Thrasher reef with the intention to go towards the marker but the currents were killer and dictated we head in the direction of Grande/Entrance ........ 1st half hour we get our first ever successful double header and...
  19. B

Forgot to mention in my report on Thrasher from yesterday that twice my line got hit while I was dropping the rigger. When it happened I just thought the line wasn't set in the clip far enough but as I started to reel ........... it became apparent there was a fish on. Got them to surface but...
  20. B

We took home a 6,7,8, and 9 pounder at Thrasher today out of 8 fish that came to the boat ......... the other four were all legal size too. Irish Cream , Cookies and cream and an army truck hoochie all worked nicely. Still looking for that elusive teener that others have been able to find...
Back