Search results

1. C

Malibu Tyee Project

I know you won't like what I have to say but you've gone so fa already, now do it right. Rip up the floor and replace both stringers. Wood is organic and will rot eventually. That's the problem with 30+ year old wood-component boats; they are due for major rebuilts at some point. If you decide...
  2. C

Driving an EV pickup

How does this preconditioning look like? Could you please explain a bit?
  3. C

new mooching reel from amundson

Disappointing that it only comes powder coated not anodized.
  4. C

DFO rules when jigging for lingcod/rockfish & a salmon hits instead

Back to your original questions: 1) You don't need to fish barbless if you target bottom fish. If you accidentally hook a salmon, that is fine as long as you can convince the CO that you are indeed targeting bottom fish. To help your case you should maybe show some bottom fish dead in your fish...
  5. C

17' Arima Sea Ranger (1987) update

Get a proper bracket and take off this toy stuff that's on it.
  6. C

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

No brainer for the westcoast for sure. If the latest science of sodium based batteries proves true then it will be a night and day comparison.
  7. C

electrical connections

Sorry, but this product does NOT conduct electricity - read the description! So basically another dielectric grease...
  8. C

First Halibut of the year!

Wow, what a circus for a little but like that. Hope you guys get better landing before you get something bigger! lol
  9. C

Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 Salish Sea Spring Fishing Derby!!

Too bad its such a ****** weather forecast. Good luck all!
  10. C

DYI coated cannon balls

I think you're being paranoid about potential health or environmental impacts from the lead balls but if you like painted balls then good. You'd likely absorb more lead in your daily food than you'd ever pick up from touching a lead ball 3 times during fishing.
  11. C

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Was lumpy off Constance yesterday but 4 chickens were worth the discomfort. Go out before the commies come!
  12. C

Sealion smorgasbord

May they kill many!
  13. C

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

What's wrong with that? He got there way first and is already on his third fish down at the river before the lame diesel truck arrived!
  14. C

Another SRKW diet-ribe

Some whale reconciliation is in order.
  15. C

Help Me Mod my Boat!

Beauty! Wish I'd have a quarter million sitting around for an impulse buy!!
  16. C

DFO Announces further SRKW Restrictions

And yet it just seem impossible to do for humans. Just show me a fishery that is sustainable? Hardly any around the world. Greed, greed, greed....everywhere....
  17. C

DFO Announces further SRKW Restrictions

There is no way DFO or even Coast Guard can enforce this 10kt rule near Renfrew. Or do you think they sit on a rock on the Westcoast trail with a radar gun? One of these BS "we gotta do something" measures. As for power of advocacy; not a day goes by that there isn't someone from Vancouver...
  18. C

North Island First Nations declare intent to take control fisheries in traditional waters

To be honest, I am at the point of believing that we might be able to negotiate and deal much more effective and successful with a fn fisheries government.
  19. C

The "New" Restrictions on Chinook Are Up

That's what happens when you keep playing the rigged game over and over.... Break out of this stupid SFAB process which legitimizes this yearly nonsense!
  20. C

Where are the herring ?

There is nothing whatsoever sustainable about a kill-fishery for roe. It defies every sustainability concept where a species is allowed to reproduce at least once before it can be harvested. To kill herring before spawing to harvest the roe only is such a deplorable waste. A waste of the...
Back