Search results

1. K

WTB 10-12' boat for lake fishing

Looking for a small boat for trout fishing would prefer aluminum . Live on the lower island
  2. K

Yamaha 9.9 oil leak

I have a small amount of engine oil dripping out of the bottom of the leg . I believe its the crank seal or the oil sump is corroded . Just wondering how difficult it is to remove the power head ? ( 1997 4 stroke ) Thanks
  3. K

Facebook clams

Just reported an Ad on Facebook posted on Nanaimo used car and trucks: Butter Clams for sale in Brentwood bay . Not sure if illegal but I reported the ad to the DFO website. I remember a lot of people got sick a few years ago buying clams from a guy selling door to door
  4. K

Shawnigan Lake ,Bass & Trout Derby

For any body interested : The Black Swan pub is having a derby on June 24 , $ 25 a ticket at Pub, weigh in at 2 pm, Includes lunch . 1st prize $200 and $ 100 for 2nd for each category , lots of other prizes ( sorry no minors )
  5. K

RATS

Checked on my boat this weekend and noticed Rats had moved in . They have chewed on almost everything , seats , fishing line ,spare reels, Binoculars , downrigger clips Etc. A great big Fing mess . Hopefully wiring hasn't been touched . Heard they were bad this year. 4 traps set and 4 homemade...
  6. K

Found Fishing Rod

I found a steel head Rod and reel on the Cowichan river today . Ken 250-713-7038
  7. K

Bass

BC freshwater fisheries are thinking of lifting the catch and release regulation for Bass on Vancouver Island .
  8. K

Hot Bearing

One bearing on my trailer is getting way too hot. New hub , new brakes and new bearings. I have put a new set in and they were still getting hot. The last set I took to my mechanic friend who did it all , still getting too hot to touch . Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
  9. K

GPS not working

I have an older Magellan GPS (1999) with an external receiver. It works fine on a clear day but if it is foggy it will not get a fix on any sat signal. Its the foggy days when you really need it. Anyone have any ideas , maybe time to upgrade, Thanks
  10. K

Shawnigan lake Bass Derby Cancelled

The annual Black Swan Pub Bass derby (June 21) has been cancelled due to some negative feedback because it was a Kill derby. I realize the lake has a great smallmouth bass fishery but are they not an invasive species like the sunfish,perch,etc.
  11. K

Shawnigan Lake Trout

My daughter works for the Black Swan Pub and they are having a trout derby in a few weeks. So Some guy told her girls can't fish, so she took offense . She knows how to run her own gear salmon fishing and has caught her share of steelhead. Anyways she wants to go in the derby with a bunch of her...
  12. K

Islander Spey reel

Does anyone have any feedback on this reel. I started spey fishing a few years ago and purchased a trophy spey reel (garbage) you get what you pay for. Thanks for any info
  13. K

Northern Coho

What is the definition of a Northern coho: To my understanding it was a late running fish up to doulbe the size of main run and returning up to a month late due to the idea that they travel farther north. Some people think a coho with a hooked nose is a northern but all mature fish will get one.
  14. K

Yamaha impeller change

I have a 1997 yamaha 9.9 hp 4 stroke and wondering if the impeller is easy to change. I have changed impeller's in older outboards before and some were easy and some became nightmares. Thanks
  15. K

Shawnigan Lake Kokanee

Any one remember the fishery, 8-12" kokanee . I remember being a kid ( late 70's) fishing the south end in the fall and there was alot of boats. Are they all gone , overfished,bass (no bass in the lake then)pollution?
  16. K

Trailer rollers

I have an older roadrunner trailer and need to replace some rollers that they don't make anymore. No luck at sherwood or SG power in victoria. Any idea's would be a help.
  17. K

Nanaimo Springers

Does the nanaimo river still have a spring run of chinnook. A budy of mine used to get the odd one steelhead fishing alot of years ago. I also remember that the white river had an early summer coho run and that some river had sokeye all year. Would be nice to know that different runs still exist.
  18. K

Hardy Silex

Need a part for the drag on my 1980 silex. Not sure what it is called, the little triangle thing that engages the drag. thanks
  19. K

Tax on a used boat

Purchased my boat in 2009, paid 9000 for it , Paid tax on the trailer 1500 So i owe the goverment 7% on 7500. The bill of sale is itemised , elec downriggers , gps, 9.9 kicker, mainmotor, trailer. Can i deduct any of those of the totall amount or am i stuck paying all that tax on a used boat...
  20. K

Bigfoot

Article in the local paper about the Cowichan valley being a hotspot. Is he out there in our woods? I also watched a show on TV last year that mentioned cowichan was a hotspot for sightings. Any squatcher's on here ( bigfoot researcher)
Back