Search results

1. K

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Went out yesterday and it was slow for us at the start , tried the usual Coho gear . Commercial fished 30 years ago and we used to use just a plain black hooks behind a flasher , threw out an black hootchie and was into well over a dozen fish . Brother wasn't too happy so I let him reel in a few .
  2. K

Sooke Salmon - Billing’s Spit / River

There is some specific tackle regulations for the basin and the river itself is catch and release , fly fishing only .
  3. K

Fished Thursday afternoon at east point , fished camper Friday day and east point again in the evening , Camper again Saturday morning . Fishing was good for us with a 27 being the biggest and we released a bunch also .
  4. K

Fished east point again on Saturday afternoon , what a difference from last week . From 1-2 boats to 20-30 boats , multiple fish to the boat to a couple ( 1 Fat keeper just shy of 80cm),Flat calm to Foggy and lumpy . That's fishing .
  5. K

Finally put a full day of fishing in on Saturday , Flat calm and a little wet. Fished east point and for the most part alone . A number of teenagers and a couple in the 20 's to the boat with a nice one taken by a seal . Kind of surreal fishing in a popular spot with minimal boats or none at times .
  6. K

Of course scot .
  7. K

Went up yesterday to get the boat ready for this summer , took it for a test run and fished for a couple hours in the bay . My daughter played a couple of teenagers to the boat .
  8. K

They updated the website yesterday evening . Hopefully see you this year Brutus
  9. K

I have my boat in storage at the port Renfrew marina and was planning on getting it ready for the season this week . Waiting for an update on the their website and have emailed and phoned with no answer
  10. K

Double Eagle 186 cuddy size

I have a 1982 DE ,and have slept in mine I am 6'1" and its a little short for me . Found sleeping on the back deck was better
  11. K

Jordan River you can drive right up to the beach , can be good for Hali at times not sure about Lings
  12. K

Toyota Tundra or Dodge 5.9 Cummins?

I have been looking at Tundra's for a bit, my F250 1997 diesel is getting close to 5oo,000 km
  13. K

Cowichan River

Read somewhere that the sunscreen lotion was killing insects and fish !
  14. K

All Things COVID-19

Cant confirm if any tickets were issued . RCMP with Bylaw officers checking peoples addresses and turning them away from launching if they didn't live together . :(
  15. K

All Things COVID-19

Any idea when they might relax the rules about fishing with a household member only ? Apparently RCMP were at Pedder bay marina issuing tickets to boaters on the weekend
  16. K

Staying fresh on the chuck

Im 58 tears old and my problem is trying to sleep the night before going fishing ;)
  17. K

Voltage tuning your boat.

Pure Voodoo ( I have mine set at 0.585) :)
  18. K

Shrimping near Sooke

Used to catch lots in Sooke with the homemade bicycle rim/onion sack traps at night off a dock
  19. K

When do Shiners usually come back in to marinas? (Fishing with Kids)

We also used garden worms with success , Daughter caught a nice Sea-run cutthroat fishing for shiners
Back