Search results

1. S

Scotty 241 mounts (5 units, new) $25

Bought a handful of new rod holders all of which came with mounts (mounts only available). I don't need the mounts. Bought last week, never used. In Courtenay. $25 for all
  2. S

Daiwa M-Two Mooching Reel - $30

Single action reel. Great shape. Had it for 15 years but never took it out of the storage bin. Made in Korea. Looks real clean. Turns smooth. Comes with reel pouch.$30 obo in Courtenay.
  3. S

Seeking Professional Guide - Ucluelet BC

Oceans West Adventures is seeking a professional fishing/ adventure guide for our upcoming season in Ucluelet. Guide will be operating a 28' foot twin engine vessel with modern equipment. $35-40/ hour, plus paid prep time and excellent tips. Average $550-750/ day during the core of the season...
  4. S

Sealing hole in aluminum below waterline

Forum knowledge needed... I have a pod with one of the transom bolt holes that wasn't used. They drilled the hole before noticing they couldn't run a bolt that low into the hull. It leaks very slowly as it's reliant on the bead of sealant between the transom and pod to keep the water out. I'll...
  5. S

Life jacket options for charter boat

Anyone recommend a life jacket that's a solas TC certified Jacket other than the mustang 4-one units? I need to grab a set and thought I'd ask before grabbing more of the only ones I've packed around previously... If anyone has nice used ones I'd buy them too! 7 adult and a few for kids.
  6. S

Wanted 23-27' boat 100k max

Hey fellas. I'm after another boat. Looking for a fibreglass hull as that's what fits the budget. MUST BE SETUP FOR OUTBOARDS. Charter layout (basic boat with seating for five preferred). In a perfect world a pilothouse or express setup but outside of the pnw builders those are very few and far...
  7. S

Anyone have a recent quote on a set of 250/300 Zuk with fly by wire?

If anyone has one with the break down handy. I seem to remember seeing one around the forum recently but can't track it down... I'm looking for the numbers to assess used value. Thanks fellas.
  8. S

Mercury 15hp Prokicker with controls

2021 Mercury 15 hp Pro kicker with side mount controls. Model EXLPT. Warranty till 04/01/2026. $3700 Approximately 500 hours. Extra long shaft (25 inch). Power tilt, power start (with manual start too). Fresh off annual service at dealer in October (hasn't been out since). Service invoice...
  9. S

Anyone been out Herring fishing around Comox?

I'm following the test set updates for the area and it doesn't seem like there's much volume in the shallows around Comox as of yet. Has anyone been out jigging or tossing a net Stories beach down to Union Bay? My three year old and I went out in our dingy last year off lazo and loaded up for...
  10. S

Advice prior to rewiring Double Eagle 17.2

Hey fellas My 17.2 wiring looks like a dogs breakfasts. It mostly works, but I doubt for long. Connections are corroded, no batt switch, lights don't work, rigger wires don't look suffient for prawn puller, etc. I'd rather replace it all and avoid all the little issues. This boat is only...
  11. S

17.2 DE: replace the mech steering or go Hydraulic?

The cable steering on my double eagle is real stiff. It's a 2 handed ordeal to steer the boat and is down right obnoxious while docking. Cable looks new when they hung the 115 yam (2019). Helm I'm guessing is older although I didn't find a year on there. Says Teleflex safe-t on the helm. I've...
  12. S

Wanted: 13-13.25 x19 to 12.5x21p prop

Thought I'd check if anyone has a used 3 blade kicking around before I wander over to the yamaha shop.... preference for aluminum as this is an island hopper.
  13. S

17.2 double eagle prop selection

I know there's a handful of guys on here who own or have owned this hull so there must be some hull/ power specific prop advice. Believe stizzla sold this combo recently. Hull powered by 2018 115 yam that the dealer put on the generic 13.25x 17 3 blade aluminum. 17p seems to be the default gtfo...
  14. S

Product Recommendation for these three small fiberglass repairs

Hey Guys. Figure this is the place to ask for suggestions for a good product to use for three small patch jobs on the boat. Ding locations: - Outside corner on the starboard stern - Deadrise ding (looks like a trailer bite) - random ding by a cleat I'm not a fiberglass guy so ease of...
  15. S

Wanted: 17.2/ 18.2 hourston, 17.2 Double Eagle or Malibu Tyee

Looking for one of the above in great structural condition. Outboards only please (one ready for a repower is fine). Podded or factory outboard. Preference to soft top. I have a Whaler 16sl with a 90 zuk which is great and economic as a fishing/ prawning boat but doesn't offer much cover for...
  16. S

Check out this monster Eaglecraft

This thing has been sitting around Ukee for a couple days. stopped by for a chat with the crew. Apparently, the largest vessel eaglecraft has ever built. She's a beast, for sure. That kicker is a 250.... Apparently this is a tender for a larger vessel under refit on the mainland. Price tag 5...
  17. S

ISO Automotive mechanic Comox Valley

Looking for a good mechanic in or around the Comox Valley. Newer to the area so I don't have experience with any of the shops. Have some airbags to instal on a pickup. Have a pair of gas sierras 10'/18' that need the odd job. Any recommendations, shops or good small operations appreciated.
  18. S

Wanted: 18lb round leads (6-8 units)

Looking for black coated 18lbers without fins. Lost my source of these on the Island. Seems like most guys just make them in glow coatings. A clearcoat or something else non glow would be fine too. Any leads appreciated!
  19. S

Vinyl wrap recommendations on the Island

I've decided to wrap my northwest this winter/ spring. Looking for shop recommendations from members on vancouver Island that have been through the process. Appreciate good and bad feedback!
  20. S

17 hourston build year?

Going to look at this Hourston in an hour or two if the first guy hasn't nabbed it already. Anyone know how to identify year from hull number or otherwise? Any other advice from Hourston owners would be appreciated. It's not my first boat however it would be my first Hourston. Thanks in...
Back