Search results

1. salmoneye

2023 Ucluelet Reports

The cabins are on www.vancouverislandvr.com. Best to message through salmoneye.net. Trailer parking only for guests of the cabins. Cheers
  2. salmoneye

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Chinook The early season Chinook fishing in April and most of May was very good. After the commercial opening late May things slowed down for over a month. In the past it has often been the same where the fishing slows down for a while. With the limited area that we can fish for Chinook it...
  3. salmoneye

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Halibut fishing has been very good in many spots and Chinook salmon fishing has been good right outside the harbour and up at Long Beach bank. Coho have been in a few spots but and plentiful around Fraser Rock and in a few spots on the inside. Normal depths for Chinook seem to be 100-140 closer...
  4. salmoneye

Charter recommendation for Renfrew or Ucluelet

Hey Blake. We're having a great season out of Ucluelet, you should be in for some good fishing! If you and your friend want to limit out, I definitely recommend reserving at least three full days of fishing. If you limit out early, you can always spend the rest of your trip fishing for ling cod...
  5. salmoneye

Where to go end of September?

We generally end our salmon season out of Ukee around September 15th. I would recommend somewhere else on the island. Have a great trip!
  6. salmoneye

early to mid August recommendations?

Couldn't agree more. We've had consistently successful seasons out of Ucluelet. I recommend at least three full days of fishing if your husband definitely wants to max out on his salmon. I'm sure you and your husband will have a great trip!
  7. salmoneye

Island halibut & salmon day charter

Ucluelet is the best place on the island for catching salmon and halibut on the same trip. In a day charter, whether or not you'll max out on Salmon depends on your luck. As Tubber said above, if you're willing to make the haul offshore, you have pretty good chances of catching salmon and hali...
  8. salmoneye

Sidney vs Victoria

As others have said, winter fishing in Victoria is great. You can have some success with Chinook in August out of Victoria, but nothing compared to fishing the west coast of the island.
  9. salmoneye

buying a boat trailer

Hi, just wanted to see if anyone had bought Tuff boat trailers. It seems like he has a good product, however the person on the phone seems a little "Tuff" to deal with. Thanks! Sam Vandervalk Fishing Guide Vancouver Island www.salmoneye.net
Back