Search results

1. T

Harrison river open

Hey just wondering if the harrison is open for salmon , from what i read it says its open but maybe they have an in season change i dont know about ... camping at kilby this weekend and was thinking of chucking out a line ... not expecting much if it is open.
  2. T

Offshore fishing techniques

Never fished offshore before thinking might make it offshore this week comjng up ucluelet , going to buy new 15lb balls ... How far behind the clip do you clip on when off shore is it shorter because there less spooky.? Or farther
  3. T

Accomadations ucluelet .. Tofino...

Thinking of heading to ucluelet or Tofino this week for a few days 4 adults and 2 kids under 3 ... Plan on bringing boat and doing some morning fishing and then family stuff in afternoon evening ... Does anyone have any recommendation for accomadations with moor age have never to either spot...
  4. T

West coast sporting journal

Are they not producing any new episodes i been recording forver with nothing but repeats i think ive seen each episode 10 times now time to cancel if the show isnt making new shows, does any one know ?
  5. T

Slow fishing in prince rupert

Up in rupert fishing since saturday fishing has been slow hit a few but all smaller ... anyone having any better luck up this way .. limited out of hali and lings and rock fish just need some salmon.
  6. T

Repairing lower leg Honda 15hp

Left my kicker down by mistake and booted over to another fishing hole while in prince Rupert this last week , kicker was off but after the trip we smelt burning and found it was the kicker . Tryed starting it a few times before we realized that it was leaking oil from the lower leg . Does...
  7. T

Prince Rupert help targeting springs

Just wondering if anyone can shoot me in the right direction for catching springs in PR Ive been here for a week fishing and can't seem to hook up with the springs had some coho hook up and a few jacks but every day at docks there is boat after boat with slabs in it , running anchovies brined in...
  8. T

Has anyone had this issue with there lowrance HDS unit

Last few times I was out my screen a HDS touch seems to marking some dots all over the screen. Its the small teardrop looking dots.
  9. T

Certified lowrance installer on mainland

Looking to get my electronics working properly I had a hack job try and connect my two lowrance screens , looking for certified installer on the mainland . Thanks T
  10. T

Suggestions for one last trip of the year ?

Would like to get out for one last trip on the chuck before I start hitting the fresh water runs , made a trip to nootka first week of august for my first time fishing springs and my first time visiting the island ... What a blast !!! Had great fishing and the scenery was amazing , me and...
  11. T

Nootka tackle box must haves help

Heading to Nootka on Monday for a week , never fished the island will be using primarily anchovies , also prob mooch some herring ... I have a few flashers green/chrome , blue/chrome , purple onion , plaid yellow one , and a half dozen others , I will be Tying all my own rigs for teaser heads...
  12. T

Layed back accomadations nootka sound

Looking to trailer the boat out to nootka this next week to do a few days of fishing , originally trip was planned for 3 couples but due to a divorce making things awkward it looks as if it's Turning into a guys trip .. Had a cottage reserved at one of the local accommodations but I know there...
  13. T

Where should I fish for a week ?

Going fishing for a week on Wednesday , had plans made for prince rupert fished there last year for a week on our own boat had a blast ... Talked to a few guys up there and they told me the fishing is just starting to pick up I know commercial opens in a few days .. It's a 20 hour drive for me...
  14. T

Setting up prawn traps first time ...

Okay after reading a lot on this forum and various other sources I'm gunna give this a try ... I have 500 feet of rope with end 50' being lead core . Bottom of rope tie on a 10lb weight , 20 feet then clip on first trap with a 10lb weight on the bottom tied to the bottom of trap , 50 more...
  15. T

Best store to buy line puller , pots , floats etc ...

Heading down to coast today to grab line puller , crab pots , prawn pots , line etc today ... Any input on where I should go for best stock/prices .... I was thinking PNT but open to input please I'd like to save some money ... Fishing ain't cheap lol
  16. T

Halibut anchoring with windlass anchor

Had a windlass anchor installed on my boat over the winter for Hali fishing , after reading all the write ups on scotsmans and trigger realease clips and such I'm starting to think this was the wrong anchor system to have for bottom fishing ... I have read to many horror story's about anchoring...
  17. T

Heading to rupert one week , anyone wanna exchange knowledge for few days on boat

Heading to rupert around the 15this month wondering if anyone knows how the fishing has been , there's never really a lot of info online about it , I've talked to some friends on mine up there who are FN commercial and said the fishing is good , if anyone has vast knowledge of the area and the...
  18. T

prime season for chinook salmon rupert or nootka sound

Hi been awhile since a post but im back . This year will be my sscond year fishing the chuck . For my first year with no experience no guide just reading and a few tips from some friends wr did very well 30-50fish days all coho and a few rock fish . Mainly fished melville island since the boat...
  19. T

Open for any advice for prince Rupert , Skeena area all ears

Heading to prince Rupert from July 14-22 to do some salmon fishing , halibut and drop some pots , also want to do some short float fishing in the local rivers if water is low enough on them yet ... Will be hiring a guide for a few days on ocean but I want to bring them on are boat a 22 foot...
  20. T

info needed-sooke area fishing

Hi im wanting to make a trip to sooke now that the salmon are running ,i was there for a guided trip during december for winter springs and got skunked . Over the winter i purchased myself a 22foot north river sea hawk and i want to come out to sooke to get into some fish ..i will prob hire a...
Back