Search results

1. H

Fraser river sockeye

The test boat off renfrew got almost 8000 sockeye yesterday and they still wont open it. What does that tell you. What a joke!
  2. H

Halibut opening

Lots of people post pics on social media sites of 133 cm fish and they also write about them on these forums. Pretty easy for dfo to see that and create their own size average estimate!
  3. H

Sky rocketing fuel prices

No gas station has run out of gas so i agree that there is no scarcity of supply.
  4. H

Herring staging on the east coast of the Rock

How do you figure quota will be left in the water? Gillnetters are close to filling their quota and the seine boats just opened.
  5. H

Emergency SFAB Meetings About Proposed SRKW Fishing Closures

No mention of the massive increase in the sea lion population either. Who by the way seem to be eating quite well. Not much said about fish farms either!
  6. H

Pinniped Predation - Houston we have a problem

Good luck getting the bleeding hearts to agree to a cull. They will wait till all the herring is gone then the salmon then the whales will starve even more.
  7. H

Halibut opening

Im just going to put this out there. Since we have a smaller quota i dont think there should be any halibut derbies. I understand that the money raised goes to a good cause but we are inviting hundreds of people to fish halibut on a weekend where there normally is little pressure. All these fish...
  8. H

Halibut opening

Nobody i know catches fish under 83cm so im not sure why we would even bother with it. Is it to keep the lodges happy? Seems like a waste
  9. H

HALIBUT CLOSURE

Why not just do one per day. One under 80cm is pointless. Most places you cant even get one that size.
  10. H

Eco Groups Want Emergency protection for Resident Orcas!

Maybe Mr.Suzuki and the rest of the groups can protest the fish farms that are killing off the wild salmon.
  11. H

Most Pathetic Excuse Ever for Not Going Fishing?

About 10 years ago my buddy bailed and said he wanted to sleep in. I went out by myself and caught a hali close to 200 lbs. of course i drove right to his place with my fish in the back of my truck!
  12. H

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

No gas in Renfrew till May.
  13. H

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

No gas in Renfrew till May.
  14. H

Who Is Hali Fishing Tomorrow?

Savy is a fish magnet!
  15. H

2013 Summer Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

I called that one in March. DFO was going to shut it down in early September no matter what so we should never have come up with that slot limit. Never helped at all
  16. H

Nootka Sound Resort follows in Moutcha Bay's Wake

Everybody get ready to buy quota for the right to fish. It's already started and going to get worse. As each lodge jumps on board with this the likelihood of every Canadian having to buy quota becomes a greater possibility.
  17. H

Halibut fishing question

Long lining is a form of anchoring so we should be allowed to do it as long as long lining is allowed.
  18. H

Halibut Notice

It's sad to say but the under 126cm slot will never go away now,just like the under 83cm didn't go away at the end of last year.im sure some people are gonna be shocked when its closed in September again.i agree with fog ducker it should have stayed the same as last year.
  19. H

60lb/15lb Halibut Limit - Let's Discuss

I have seious trouble believing that this experiment is good for only this year,just like last years joke of an idea was only temporary too.What a bunch bs
  20. H

60lb/15lb Halibut Limit - Let's Discuss

These new ideas will not give us a longer season just like the bright idea last year that didnt give us a full season.Oh yeah and that was just temporary ha ha
Back