Search results

1. C

Insured Value of Your Boat

Great reminder, a little to late for me though. My 20ft aluminium is in on an insurance claim and will unfortunatley be written off. I bought out of Oregon about 5 years ago when the dollar was almost on par. I have slowly done alot of updates small and fairly large and [my fault] have not kept...
  2. C

5.7 litre merc, reliable engine builders?

Hey guys, long story short my boat sank tied up to the dock at the lake last weekend. Still in with insurance and waiting on that, but I think my main engine will be toast, they are saying they won't cover my two year old 9.9 merc kicker. I am a diesel engine mechanic by trade and would look...
  3. C

Fishing in Portugal?

Just wondering if anyone has ever been? I am heading there on a family vacation this summer, my wifes side of the family is originally from there and they speak the language so communication should not be an issue. I know there is lots of fishing done there as it is one of their main industries...
  4. C

Fishing Trip

Johnson lake not to far from Barriere is a really nice spot. Lake is a really beautiful blue colour
  5. C

22-26 Ft. trailer Wanted

Not mine, just happened to see it this morning. A bit more $$ than you said but looks in nice shape http://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trailer-camper/kamloops/trailsport-23rs/1243317466?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
  6. C

ice fishing up north

Hey everyone, I'm heading up around Ft. St. John or Dawson creek area for an elk hunting trip in about a week. We might take one or two afternoons and try to find a decent size pike. I have never fished for pike ice or not so I have no idea what to try? Anyone have any tips on lures or legal...
  7. C

Queen Charlotte's Fishing!

WOW!!! Great video!!
  8. C

Looking for 4.3 merc

Just checking for a friend. He bought used ski boat and had it in the water for about 3 hours and the engine seized. Block and crank are no good. Engine is around a 1996 model and is carbeurated. Let me know if you have anything!!
  9. C

Shuswap Lake Sorrento

Great post lets keep this one going!!!!! I fish out there alot as well, in-laws have a cabin near scotch creek. Agree very much with apex lures they seem to work very well. Change your colors and depths a bit depending on weather. The reelfishingadventures website has a ton of great info. I'm...
  10. C

Shuswap lake near Scotch Creek

Thanks for the tips guys, I will try some of that stuff as soon as I can get out!! Thanks BGM, I checked out his site and it looks like he shares a lot of good info. I have quite a few apexes but don't think I have any slow troll models, what's the difference??? I also know the regs, and special...
  11. C

Shuswap lake near Scotch Creek

Hey everybody, i probably could have done a search on this but I'm too excited!!! My father in law just bought a property right near scotch creek. I've fished shuswap before but only in April or September{ Idon't like big crowds ] I've fished Adams quite a bit with decent results. My boat is...
  12. C

Keeping plastic/vinyl windows clean

Thanks for all the tips guys, I'll try this weekend to get them cleaned up.
  13. C

Keeping plastic/vinyl windows clean

I have plastic side windows in my 19ft smokercraft, I always do my best to make sure that they are clean and dry before I put them away. They seem to be developing a bit of a haze that I can't get rid of. Just wondering if anyone had any tips on cleaning products or anything I could do to try to...
  14. C

wanted : long leg kicker

Thanks for that I'll look into it
  15. C

Hey Perry What electrics are you referring to? Also what are you looking for in a motor , I have a 6hp Johnson. If i could get a price and maybe some pics would be great. Thanks Chad
  16. C

Looking for a four stroke long leg kicker up to 9.9 hp. I'm in the interior bc, and new to posting on this forum. If you have something please email me Thanks
  17. C

GOPRO VID Halibut taking the bait

love that vid
  18. C

Travelling to Winter Harbour this summer

Thanks for the info. I am headed up there in a month, and we plan to leave Hardy by 5 or 6 in the morning for Winter Harbour. I'll go a extra slow and keep an eye out. Let me know how busy the road is when you go up ( and how the fishing is !!!!) Thanks[8D]
  19. C

prawning dummies!!!!

It's up to you but it sounds like a pretty long run to get to the areas that would be worthwhile prawning. That's a long time without some rods in the water, not to mention the money saved on prawning gear that could go somewhere else:D
  20. C

Online Shopping

Hey guys, just looking for a good place to buy ocean gear online. I live in the interior of BC and the fishing stores are great, but everything is geared toward trout fishing. I'm making some pipe jigs and some other bottom fishing gear on my own this year so I'm looking for some big hootchie...
Back