Search results

1. Ehand

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Back from the Shakedown as well. Was with the Mrs so not as aggressive on the fishing but still a great time. Limits on Chinook and a few Coho. Green/Metal Skinny G and blue/green Coho Killer were working. We had more luck a little offshore from Beano. Lots of bait at Washrock / Lighthouse but...
  2. Ehand

Both Chinook and Coho were full of very tiny bait fish. Interesting because I typically drag a white coho killer that could not get a hit on this trip. Switched to a dark green / brown cuttlefish hootchie (I think it’s called the turd). and it was on. The hootchie with the twinkle skirt...
  3. Ehand

Good first trip of the year to Critter. All Coho by the lighthouse the first day so we did the run to Esperanza the second day. Long run but worth it - limited on some nice Chinooks and added a few more Coho by around 10am. Fished the flats off of the lighthouse Tuesday morning and ended up with...
  4. Ehand

My brother and I are heading to Critter for the Halibut Hustle next week. My 12yr old nephew will be making the trip for the first time as well. We are in a 24’ Hewescraft Alaskan, stop by for a beer if you’re up there.
  5. Ehand

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Not planning on the Jack n' Jill but was planning on the Shakedown. Given that I am coming from the US and the ongoing launch issues at GR I doubt that will be happening.
  6. Ehand

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Good News! Thanks for the report! We are off to Nootka today. Staying at Moutcha over the weekend then off to Critter Cove.
  7. Ehand

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Thanks for the report! I think I know that cleaning table.
  8. Ehand

2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

Interesting note from the Salmon Head Recovery Program. We fished Nootka in mid July and of the 8 Chinook we caught, 2 were clipped. We heard earlier today that one in fact had the ID Tag (Caught at Bajo) and it indicated the fish was 3 years old from the Okanogan River. That is one heck of a...
  9. Ehand

Great to hear you had a good time. We were the boat in the background just pulling out after a great time at Critter.
  10. Ehand

Hi Chris, It was great meeting you as well. As I told Coop, "It's better to be lucky than good!" Weights were definitely picking up. I am back up next week and am interested in hearing reports from this week to see if the trend continued. We will be there next year and I will let you...
  11. Ehand

Just returned from 3 days @ Moutcha and 3 days @ Critter Cove. It seemed like the big fish are coming, high teens / low 20's early in the week and mid 20's with a few 30's by the end of the trip. A couple at CC landed a 32, 30,& 28 at Beano on Wednesday. We fished wash rock, Beano, and Bajo with...
  12. Ehand

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Returned from Nootka Saturday night. We stayed at both Critter Cove and Moutcha Bay, both were great but very different. This was our first trip to Nootka, we limited out but it took awhile. We fished the Monument, Lighthouse, and Wash Rock. The evening tide change at the Monument seemed to...
  13. Ehand

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Thanks to all for the updates. We are headed to Nootka on Sunday for a week (1st time) staying at Moutcha Bay and Critter Cove. Will post update and pictures when we're back in radio range.
Back