Search results

1. M

Guiding: QCL or Rivers Inlet Sportman’s Club

I guided at QCL from 2001 -2008, I loved it, I cant speak to the operation today, I can only imagine its more refined now. As a family we head to Hakai every year (close to Rivers), you will get a longer season out of the Gwaii.
  2. M

The Staircase....Calvert Island

I know the spot well, my grandfathers ashes were spread there. It was one of his favourite spots. MM
  3. M

Marinated Alaska Black cod

Sounds Great! Going to give it a try this weekend, always on the hunt for new angles. Thanks for sharing!
  4. M

Rubber Driveway vs. Asphalt

How is snow removal on rubber driveways? I imagine they are much softer than the other 2 options, my concern would be catching a shovel edge and tearing into the material. The rubber would likely be a great nonslip surface. Just overthinking as always...
  5. M

Seahawks Parking

We were just at the Mariners game on Sunday (Sept 17th) if you arrive early there are many less expensive parking lots ($30-$40). Arrive early and go for a bite/drink before the game. We parked in the T-mobile garage ($75 ugh), Lumen field parking lot was $65. I heard a rumour that street...
  6. M

Property Managers

Thanks for the info, we went with MLG Properties and it is working out well. They also helped place the tenant, we have not had any issues and just passed the 8 month mark. Cheers MM
  7. M

Cuts of meat on sale

Buylow/Save on Foods Royal Oak & Rumble have Prime Rib AAA on for 11.98lb
  8. M

Property Managers

Its a long-term rental, yes we need the PM for Tenant placement as well.
  9. M

Property Managers

Hi All, Looking for advice and even recommendation for a residential property manager for a downtown Vancouver condo. My wife and I are too currently busy to comfortably handle the complexities of a rental. If anyone has experience and even a recommendation on a management company that would...
  10. M

2022 Central Coast Reports

Heading up to Hakai Pass tomorrow for 3 days of cut plugging, getting pretty excited! Anyone have some recent intel? Odlum, Donald Island, and Barney pt usually get the brunt of our focus for chinooks. I hope to have fish tale or two to share when I return. MM
  11. M

Canvas work

I have tried a few places in & around Vancouver, the best quality came from Haruna in Vancouver (Clark & 1st area'ish), we have used them a couple times now. A recommendation from my personal experience. Hopefully others weigh in a provide you with more options.
  12. M

Removing rust spots on old vinyl.

We had a lot of rust stains caused by an old crab trap this stuff worked very well: https://greencleaningproducts.ca/gets-rust-off/ Found it at Milltown Marina.
  13. M

Salmon took my Islander reel

We kept the fish, they got the rod and reel back... win/win. It was a comedy!
  14. M

Salmon took my Islander reel

Parker Point BC, watched a guest of the neighbouring lodge have a rod & reel (islander) yanked out of their hand by a spring. My guests were teasing them as we passed them. I noticed one of our downrigger's cable was flying back, as if we picked up a mass of kelp. Assumed my guest was too busy...
  15. M

Cuts of meat on sale

Prime rib on at Buy-low for $9.98/lb
  16. M

Wierd Crab Meat Help

We used to crab out of Tsawassen, grandparents had a house on the beach by the ferry terminal. Every so often we would get one with black gills, we always attributed it to the coal port. Maybe a similar cause here, thoughts?
  17. M

In river netting pics

Were there more fish taken with in-river netting this year compared to past few years. I am curious if there was an increase this year due to the rec sector being shut down until today... a resource re-allocation?
  18. M

Playa Del Carmen Fishing Charters

I am curious on this topic as well, What rod would be recommended? I see there are many kinds of 4 piece travel rods, would a 9' spinning rod (12-20lbs) be strong enough to hold a fish hooked from the beach...?
  19. M

WD 40

I saw this video as well, Charlie White dipped one set up in dirty oily/fuely bilge water on one side, and kept it clean on the other side, both setups worked indifferently...
  20. M

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I would definitely stop at the freighters if there are active birds, and then look for bait on the sounder, if there's bait give it a shot. Personally I love the mile markers, easy on the gas bill as well....
Back