2. J

Best places to live on the coast for an angler

comox valley/campbell river cannot go wrong with either one
  3. J

Jigging Rod

Further to my last the ugly stick is for bottom fishing only not for salmon
  4. J

Jigging Rod

There are lots of good jigging rods available, i mysellf use a 6.6 shakespear ugly stick but in the end it comes down to personnel preference, check with any fishing guides you know and ask what setup they prefer to use
  5. J

Need Smart Phone info.

40 tips and tricks for Samsung note 3 by saki tech on you tube if anybody interested. Some really good ones j.j.
  6. J

Time to smoke some Salmon

No water in mine also, 1.5 cups of apple juice one half cup soya sauce per 2lb batch. 24hr in fridge bring to room temp smoke skinside down 150-175 degrees approx 3hrs. Comes out sweet and smoky luv it....j.j
  7. J

Shaw services

Well you are totally wrong, it does all that I stated in my previous posts. Free tv, movies, ppv and yes hockey games all totally legal, and for your info I just tried watching True Detective, Modern Family, no problem at all. I am not going to beat this to death it does function as previously...
  8. J

Shaw services

FR Make sure you watch all the videos then you will be totally clear in your mind what this Quad 4 tv box is capable of
  9. J

Shaw services

FR None of the above. Go to the site I,m purchasing from www.skystream.com click on the blog link and the videos link at the top of the page, there is a wealth of easy to understand information, much more than I could put forth. Not suggesting you purchase this particular one but if your...
  10. J

Shaw services

FR, Just to clarify a tv box plays all movies, tv shows (NOT JUST CANADIAN) and PPV to your television for free. There are no work-arounds most are plug and play. Your total one time cost 150-200 dollars depending on which box you purchase FWIW my next one shortly will be Android Skystream x4...
  11. J

Shaw services

C415, Use to have gamecenter on my apple but not being a big hockey fan I deleted it. If its not on the skystream x4 that comes preloaded then all you do is google gamecenter addon then download it on your system.JDR how are you planning to get it to your TV ?? using a tv box or thru your...
  12. J

Shaw services

FA I have been running a jailbroken apple 2nd generation for the past three years without a glitch.MOVIES, TELEVISION, PAY PER VIEW, all free (watch global in high def) its been great.Having said that I,m planning on getting a Android box namely SKYSTREAM X4 it comes preloaded with XBMC...
  13. J

Looking for?

Best for me www.air bnb.com
  14. J

Winter Harbour Report

X2 Hey Sf looking at the long range forecast does not bode well iregardless of how good/bad the fishing is. In the best of both worlds we both would like good weather/good fishing. Time (running out) will tell...rgds j.j.
  15. J

Lack a terriyaki?

Many thanks FA...j.j.
  16. J

Lack a terriyaki?

Where in the comox valley can I get some mirin and sake tks....j.j
  17. J

Winter Harbour Report

I believe the water clarity was a rain thing, cleared up considerably yesterday, first thing I noticed when jigging just off the highway.Forgot to mention Commie opening yesterday for the troll fleet.......j.j.
  18. J

Winter Harbour Report

Back from three days fishing at WH, weather not so good and the swells just as bad. Should have listened to SF and paid more attention to swell watch. Fishing was great even though the water clarity was not, boated twenty three springs between 15-25 lbs and a couple of coho, unusual but could...
  19. J

When is a Dummy Not a DUmmy

Fishing Solo, curious what do they charge for the 000 spin n glo in Langley and do they have a good variety of colours in that size ???.tks..j.j.
Back