Search results

1. vanislehunter

2000 yammy 100 4 stroke with no mid range

Good Morning Everyone. I have a 100HP yamaha 4 stroke from 2000. It's carburated. It starts and idles beautifully and runs WOT beautifully. I have almost no midrange though. From about 2100RPM to ~3000RPM it shutters, and if you try to push through that range too fast, it dies. Thoughts?
  2. vanislehunter

Prawns Depths and Times

Likely this is not a new topic, but one that hasn't been talked about specifically for at least a few years or at least that what the search function tells me. I was wondering the full depth range that people have tried prawning and the success rates of each. I have tried various depths...
  3. vanislehunter

13lb quamichan lake fish

So my dad was fishing Quamichan today. They didn't catch anything which isn't very exciting, but he did talk to a fellow there who said that he and his buddy had caught a 13 pound trout out of Quamichan sometime in the last couple weeks. Does anyone know if this is true?!
  4. vanislehunter

Wanted: Manual Downriggers

Hey there, I'm looking for a Scotty model 1060, 1080 or 1085 manual downrigger. Only need one, but if you're selling two I'll still consider buying both.
  5. vanislehunter

Chum opportunities near Nanaimo and south.

Does anybody know if there is anywhere that Chum can be found south of Campbell River? Maybe thrasher, porlier, pender or otherwise? I've never fished them before and would like to find one that isn't falling apart in the river. cheers
Back