Search results

1. Fixit

Trailer registration theft

what was the result of this?
  2. Fixit

deal of a lifetime HDS5

It’s not an add. For some reason when you copy and paste a marketplace listing it reverts to German language
  3. Fixit

Connecting Cable to Mono on Downrigger

use cable on your downriggers Braid is just a fad
  4. Fixit

Connecting Cable to Mono on Downrigger

I use Spro 2/0 swivels... super strong (550lb)and compact. they roll through the pulley with no problem...
  5. Fixit

Halibut anchoring with windlass vs hand pull

my anchor is 16lbs and 100ft of 3/16" chain. I use a G3 scotchman
  6. Fixit

Halibut anchoring with windlass vs hand pull

use an anchor ring and a scotchman to pull the anchor. then if you have an ace puller it will coil the rope on deck. no hand bombing the line
  7. Fixit

Fisheries fines from yesterday. No names no pack drills

wow some really prolific offenders, and some other pretty minor ones too. fines seem wildly all over the map. sometimes I dont agree with the rules or opinions of the DFO ive met with but I guess you have to play the game
  8. Fixit

deal of a lifetime HDS5

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/409242738130916/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_general&referral_story_type=general&tracking=%7B%22qid%22%3A%22-2475748478236874175%22%2C%22mf_story_key%22%3A%22367556373125938136%22%2C%22top_level_post_id%22%3A%22367556373125938136%22%2C%22comm...
  9. Fixit

For Sale 1992 Commander 30

I've got a few customers looking for this exact boat. ill send some emails, see if I can't get you a buyer
  10. Fixit

2008 mercruiser 377 mag MPI for sale

Ive been storing this engine for 3 or 4, maybe 5? years now. Its a fresh water cooled 2008 377 mag mpi DTS with estimated 300-400hours based on previous invoices and last known service. I got the motor with the idea of upsizing my 350 to a 377 in my old boat that I sold or maybe buying a...
  11. Fixit

Cellphone case?

I've been using an otterbox for my iPhone 11. its absolutely saved the screen many times.
  12. Fixit

Targeting Hali

ive always had the best success with anchoring on a pinnacle and waiting them out
  13. Fixit

Radar Arch recommendations

fish on is the cheaper option but lesser quality and finish. Atlantic arches are nicer but more spendy
  14. Fixit

It's only money right??? Remote steering or Auto pilot?

ive got an autopilot dilemma... boat came with a ray marine setup with an st8002 head unit, hydraulic pump computer heading sensor and a bad rudder feedback sensor. I repaired the loose magnet in the hydraulic pump motor, purchased a new rudder feedback sensor, but since adding an hds 12...
  15. Fixit

Hook style for spoons

those are what I use on spoons. they will last much longer than other hooks without rusting. I quite like them
  16. Fixit

Maximum trolling depth with Scotty 1106

I was helping a friend spool up braid on his downriggers with a 2000 yard service spool. after 5 mins or so, I asked how much line do you want to put on here????>?! probably had 1500 ft on the rigger.... I regularly fish 300ft deep, sometimes having all 400ft of cable out. I use 20lb balls...
  17. Fixit

scotty 163 plotter mount

im considering mounting a second plotter underneath the hard top of my Grady white 270 islander, for viewing on the back deck. I saw that scotty makes a ball mount. has anyone tried these? im worried that they'll be too wiggly? but it would be nice to be able to fold it out of the way
  18. Fixit

Head options

or look into a composting toilet... I dislike them because you have to deal with the waste at some point instead of pumping out somewhere. but I have no experience other than hear say on the docks
  19. Fixit

Head options

sounds like a port potty would be the way to go, simplest install. could be plumbed with just a dock side suck out or to a macerator pump through a seacock and overboard (past 3 miles off shore)
Back