Search results

1. S

Newbie question: pink or spring

Im sorry all.. i didnt read 3 pages back..and now realize that bgillard was infact correct..just posted his reply a little late..bgillard accept my apology. ..and biggreenmachine....first time ever uve been right about something!....im j/k, thanks for correcting me......regardzz jes
  2. S

Newbie question: pink or spring

Bgillard....u might "want to ask the group", yourself...as that picture is clearly a small hatchery chinook..and NOT a pink..following your advice, "if u dont know ...let it go.."..u d better release everything u catch.....
  3. S

Constructive comments as to Alpine Derby

Show some appreciation. ..instead of writing a 6 or 7 step derby transparency novel....go eat your 12.5 lb salmon..then phone rollie and tell him your sorry...infact apologize to all the people that went out of their way to provide u with a weekend of fun.
  4. S

13.5 lb pie plate with s/s fin,brass eye..cannonballs

He meant contaminated with radiation. ...trust me lead ingots r very pure..been doin this for a long time and dont use lead thats impure or nuclear for my cannonball s..even with all these great comments ..almost sold out...
  5. S

Ummm no peetz..its not contaminated. .bought this lead from from a commercial seller...but thanks for helping me sell my cannonballs...how can the lead be contaminated? ...do a little research before u post your ideas. ...like im gonna sell contaminated anything to anyone, ..let alone work with...
  6. S

13.5 lb pie plates..with s/s fin..brass connector....made with very pure lead..and wont find a pancake of that weight for any cheaper..just wish i knew how to posts pics....jes
  7. S

Zone 2 It Is!!!!

Ya it was the same....where has there been any changes?..it was june 15 last year with the same rules...nothing has changed..someone tell me whats different?
  8. S

Cant figure out how to post pics on here...cannonballs r made with lead that came out of x-ray machine..also have 12 lbers with lead fin..asking $50 for 13.5 lbers and $ 32 for 12lb..text or call me at 250-896-4150. .for pics..jes
  9. S

Suffix 832

1 question i have for guys that use braid on a mooching reel...when u reel in your line and its not under pressure,like say checking your bait...how do u keep it from getting all loose on the spool....i know they use braid on the great lakes, but they use a level wind reel...havent seen braid on...
  10. S

QCI -Iron Dump

ya theres chum fisherman, but im talkin about down here in victoria, very few guys go out and target them(river fisherman)..i was wrong saying introduced as they ve always been here, but enhancing our local watersheds with chum is a mistake in my opinion for the purpose of putting iron in the...
  11. S

QCI -Iron Dump

I guess its about me then....maybe there r more chum fisherman than i know of.....dont really know anyone thats goes out and targets them....pound for pound a great fighting fish, but not a salmon that is fished for in victoria....dont hear of many guys going out trolling for...
  12. S

QCI -Iron Dump

cuba why should we focus our hatcherys on putting more chum in rivers...nobody targets them, cant give them away...as for pushing a theory, and doing my homework, im just going with facts, sooke river the exception...hatch coho......cowichan and goldstream.....chum....ill see if i can find the...
  13. S

QCI -Iron Dump

chum r a native salmon to the rivers i mentioned, but have been introduced on a large scale, chum r the last salmon to come into the rivers, and wipe out the nests of other salmon, "what makes me state that chum r introduced" check out the hatchery s for goldstream, cowichan and sooke.....chum...
  14. S

QCI -Iron Dump

hey not sure how to say this.....putting chum eggs in a coho river(or any river) is not good....chum spawn the latest of all salmon, and wipe out the nests of all the other salmon....here on the island, rivers r short, springs and coho have nowhere to go...since we have intoduced chum to the...
  15. S

QCI -Iron Dump

which river r u adding these chum eggs?....
  16. S

Hatcheries

this was way more than usual....burrowed out of stomach and into the meat on one of them...seen that on a sockeye once, but like i said it was an epic worm event during the bite me derby weekend......
  17. S

Hatcheries

oh i know they all have worms, but this was an epic amount and only in hatchery fish that were those 10-15lbs...ive caught my share of salmon over the years, but never seen it so bad in every fish i cleaned, it was only in those usa hatch fish, i do get worried when there r 300+ worms in the...
  18. S

Halibut recommendation from SFAB to DFO

but the rest of the post is my opinion.....but as for new ideas...im not up for that....it just seems to me the guides that have given us our "good ideas", in the past r only looking out for themselves...like look it up man.....go back and see...never once was there an "idea" from an average...
  19. S

actually your right i was confused, too many g's and me not reading the post right....i appoligize...to glg about that....u right, im wrong SG...
  20. S

uhh thanks glg, but sg has been pushing this for months, there is no way we can remove the upper slot(change it...yes), and have a full season...were all each to our own, and by no means do i mean to pick a fight....thing about new ideas what i ve learned,, is that guides and lodges give us...
Back