Search results

1. donnie d

Uflex steering - bleed/fill

Looking for a simple kit for purging air and topping off hydraulic fluid for the Uflex system. Everything seems to be made specifically for seastar- are the fittings similar? Any recommendations?
  2. donnie d

Game camera

Well it’s -20 here and some asshat thought it would be funny to wrench my gas off last night. Real nice. Two little kids, and my wife pretty frosty this am. Not happy. Got me thinking about getting an outdoor motion camera. My gas valve is over on the side of my house where I park my boat when...
  3. donnie d

Another Aluminum boat thread...

Here's a question that may not be talked about as much...but I saw it come up deep in another thread and since I'm 6'2" this will become very important to me if and when I upgrade. I did a look through the usual suspects - KF, Weldcraft, North River, Thunderjet, Silverstreak, Duckworth...
  4. donnie d

Elwha chinook distribution

Good article and update on the Elwha recovery. Seems like it may take a very long time to gain widespread distribution of spawners in the watershed. Great to numbers bouncing back, especially Summer Steelhead, as well as exploding trout populations...
  5. donnie d

Prop guard - which one?

Before I buy one of these things, anyone have a particular recommendation for my high thrust 9.9 Yamaha? adventure marine? Mac’s? Other? FYI - I have a model 4 Mac’s I need to part ways with...wrong size! cheers
  6. donnie d

Parksville area logistics

Hey guys - couple quick questions hope some PVille guys can help me out. looking for a recommendation on boat wash down? Thinking the wash and go on 19a would work? Fish processing - any options around Parksville? Or is the closest St Jeans in Nanaimo? thanks!
  7. donnie d

Mac’s Troll Prop Saver

Model 4 for sale. This was a reclaim off a damaged kicker that I had straightened by the fabricator at my shop and it’s in remarkable condition given it was slightly bent. I need model 3 for my high thrust 9.9...pretty bummed after I realized this... Located in Vernon but will be also on the...
  8. donnie d

Stinger hooks

When rolling anchovies I often find I’m re-tying / replacing my bait heads due to teeth wear on the line to my stinger hook. I’ve started tying braid stingers, 80lb stuff to hopefully prevent that wear from happening as much. Using tuf line light blue...the blue seems to not be that visible but...
  9. donnie d

New VHF and mmsi

I’m just going through the process of obtaining my mmsi for my boat with my newly installed fixed vhf. I am unsure which to select: licensed or unlicensed? Is that referring to the boat or the user? Is that a differentiator between a commercial vessel and non-commercial? a little help would be...
  10. donnie d

Dual battery set ups

I’ve got a Kingfisher 2025 and I’m looking for some suggestions on dual battery setups within tight spaces. Specifically I’m planning to add a deep cycle house battery. I’ve been thinking about putting a bus bar and the ACR in the battery/bilge compartment with the battery switch off in the...
  11. donnie d

Slot limit announced....

Ridiculous. 32 inches or 80cm slot limit starting July 15. Including hatchery.... No other details?? Anyone have the details on this. Fn BS. https://islandfishermanmagazine.com/dfo-no-retention-of-chinook-over-80-cm/
  12. donnie d

Oil bath hubs

I figure most here with oil bath hubs on their trailers use a 90 weight oil. Maybe not? Was curious if anyone had preferences on brands? Any to avoid? Any you find to be the most heat resistant? I’m planning to drain and top up with fresh before taking the boat to the island for summer...
  13. donnie d

Salt ice - CR Seafoods

I’ve gotten salt/sea ice from CR Seafoods before. I won’t go out on my camping trips without it. Typically I’m there in the afternoons and there is no issue getting ice, however, this summer I’m planning to be through CR very early in the morning on a weekday. Their hours say open at 2am - can...
  14. donnie d

Ital-oh my god

OK...I know this has been talked about before but I can’t help myself. Want to puke? Watch Italo catch and “release” salmon/trout. Just watched a recent episode that hit the PVR...it was appalling. Every fish belly up, reefed around by the gill plate, slime and blood everywhere, not a single...
  15. donnie d

Ice fishing - where to start?

hey fellas, Never been ice fishing before and would love to take my 4 year old. He loves to fish and thought this would be another great activity for him in the winter other than the ski hill activities we normally do. I missed the Beaver Lake Fish BC event which is too bad but it led me to...
  16. donnie d

Chinook salmon in the SRKW range

“These results suggest that Chinook populations are not likely to be of great concern in explaining the SRKW decline.” Science sure is inconvenient to the anti everything narrative. http://wildconsecon.landfood.ubc.ca/2018/12/05/259/
  17. donnie d

More DFO mismanagement- Squamish Chum

Recent email from BC Fisheries biologist...disgraceful.
  18. donnie d

Elwha River Chinook return

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/scientists-optimistic-about-return-of-chinook-to-elwha/ Such a great story/project with such huge potential. Each year that goes by it should get stronger and stronger. It’s painful to see the contrast in habitat restoration spending between the US and...
  19. donnie d

Question re:possession limit

I’m sure this has been talked about before and maybe even more so since the new SOG regs came out. I am going to have the boat down from the Okanagan for two weeks. I am going to be fishing a mix of area 13, 14, 15, 19 and 20-1. If I catch my Chinook possession limit (2) in the SOG, can I...
  20. donnie d

Dummy flashers & tuna cord

Hey all, This could be a bit of a silly question, but I’m new to the tuna cord set up on the DRs. I mainly fish lakes until later in the summer and I’ve been running dummy lake troll flash off the ball and running a clip just above off the snubber snap. It has worked ok as there’s not a ton of...
Back