Search results

1. S

2024 Sooke Reports

Out of curiosity, what is the daily limit on Sablefish?
  2. S

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I was got a call to go hali fishing with my cousin yesterday. Even though we had some showers, it was nice to get some calm weather amongst the countless windy days that we have had this season. We laid out a variety of baits including octopus, salmon and herring. We hooked a couple dogfish...
  3. S

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Out in Oak Bay crabbing and jigging for cod. I got a nice surprise with a very scrappy spring on the jig. A couple great runs and then gently tailed for a quick pic and released beside the boat. Crabbing was terrible for dungies. Kept a couple of rock crab, a cabezon and a couple of rock fish!
  4. S

2022 Sooke Reports

Sandlance spoon in moon jelly or lemon lime!
  5. S

2022 Sooke Reports

I was out for a coho trip with Rockfish today. We had flat calm seas but it was very foggy. We set up in the harbor and starting hitting coho in 200ft of water and out to 450ft of water. The bite was pretty solid with many double headers and consistent action. We kept two wilds and three...
  6. S

2022 Sidney Reports

$15 to launch and park your vehicle and trailer total. The office gives you a duplicate ticket that you put on the dash of your vehicle to park it.
  7. S

2022 Sidney Reports

It is a new dock. The cement is still bumpy but the dock is new. You can get tickets /launch fee from inside the building during business hours or drop an envelop with your name and license plate in the drop box in front of the shed before or after hours or on the weekend. Prawning is...
  8. S

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I got an invite to go jig with my cousin King Crab and his twin boys. After dropping the traps at Willows, we jigged the flats at Oak Bay. It was quite slow for salmon. Just when we were going to pull up, I was lucky enough to jig a small spring up. The hook fell out of its mouth at the...
  9. S

Then and Now. Sport Fishing for Salmon in British Columbia

I found it on Shaw on channel 227.
  10. S

2021 Sooke Reports

I was out with Rockfish and 2xEagle16 today and was hoping that there would be still be some coho around after the rains. We were pleasantly surprised that we got fish on as soon as we dropped our lines. The coho were found deeper today at 110ft and 88ft but we also got a couple on the trip...
  11. S

2021 Sooke Reports

A bit of a late report. Got an invite to go fishing with my buddy, Yellow Rod, for an afternoon/evening fish on Weds. By the reports of others on the day, fishing was extremely slow. As advertised, it was quite slow for us too. We did have a nice spring on at Possession that raced towards...
  12. S

2021 Sooke Reports

I went out with 2xeagle16 on Rockfish's boat today. It was great to fish on a nice calm day. We fished the usual inside tacks but the bite was very slow and we didn't mark many fish. We headed out to deeper waters to give that a shot. We used various lures including chovies, skinny G's, and...
  13. S

2021 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I fished Oak Bay today. I was able to jig up a nice ling on a jig head. I also went to 10 mile point to try for springs. I had hooked a couple a week ago so I figured that I would try my luck again. I marked a lot of bait and saw quite a few marks but couldn't hook one today. I got my limit...
  14. S

2021 Sooke Reports

This is bit of a late post. I got invited out on my friend "Yellow Rod's" boat to fish Beecher Bay earlier this week. The conditions were a bit lumpy but we were able to hook in to 4 springs with the biggest one being about 16-17 lbs. We used bait, wee G's, Andrew P spoons and a white hootie...
  15. S

I went out for a Canada Day fish in Oak Bay. It was a cooler cloudy morning and much nicer than the heat dome that took me off the water for that period of time. I had a fantastic day catching a beauty ling, a cabezon, some cod and a catch and gently released spring from 10 mile point.
  16. S

I was also out near Discovery jigging near Tin Boat Rob. He alerted us to the Orcas that were sounding behind us. It made for a peaceful time jigging for cod with the engine off and watching the whales feeding. The current was slack so catching our limit in cod was quite easy. I couldn't...
  17. S

Ugly Stick Tiger Rod

I bought an ugly stick medium/ heavy from Canadian Tire for $74 that is strong enough to handle lings. A light/medium would be too light in my opinion.
  18. S

I need a few of these lures.

I have had great success with the P line jig. I use them on the Oak Bays flats. I hooked 5 winter springs on it one day! It is one of my best go to jigs for salmon as well as the Mac Deeps. I use cheaper jigs when I going for bottom fish as you will snag up more on the rocky terrain and lose...
  19. S

2020 Sooke Reports

Got another invite from 2XEagle16 to fish today again after out epic outing on Tuesday. We figured that we had one last opportunity to get out there before the rains come this weekend and get the coho on the move up the rivers. It was a pretty rough blustery morning. We were able to hit coho...
  20. S

2020 Sooke Reports

I hadn't on the water in a while so it was great to have an invitation to coho fish with 2xeagle16. What a beauty day! Very calm with some fog in the morning and a gorgeous sunny afternoon. There was lots of action the whole day with big coho hitting the the lures aggressively! We kept two...
Back