Search results

1. wagonmaster

Discarding old flares

So, my friend went on the Pacific Coast Liferaft website and apparently they do take old flares...$3.00 each. Not too bad, I guess, unless you had a couple of dozen. Thanks to all for the replies and to ziggy for the original suggestion.
  2. wagonmaster

Discarding old flares

A friend came across some old flares at a warehouse he volunteers at and attempted to find a way to dispose of them. He has contacted Trotac, and the Central Saanich Police Station who told him that none of the police departments, fire departments, Ellis recycling or Hartland Rd. take them...
  3. wagonmaster

buzzbomb single hook

Took a while, but I did find a fisheries page that specifically said treble hooks are legal as long as they are barbless and not used in the tidal waters of rivers. Single barbless hooks restrictions are more common in freshwater.
  4. wagonmaster

buzzbomb single hook

Is it illegal to use a treble hook on buzzbombs and other casting lures like stingzeldas and zingers?
  5. wagonmaster

Looking for old camcorder

Sitkaspruce...email sent. I will give the library a call.
  6. wagonmaster

I should mention that I am in Victoria, so I would prefer to find one close to home.
  7. wagonmaster

I am wanting to digitize my old mini DV tapes by transferring them to my computer. I have everything ready to go including the software and all the necessary firewire connections. Problem is, my Mac does not recognize my camcorder, but apparently, there are many out there that will. Wondering...
  8. wagonmaster

Trailer brake repair

As to the question by markfarley above...the trailer is a model 2500. All in good shape otherwise, plus I had a guy weld a checker plate ramp on one side so I can safely walk on it while hooking up the boat when pulling out of the water.
  9. wagonmaster

Trailer brake repair

Thought I'd post a short piece to share my experience with trailer brakes. Bought a 18 Campion 542 with a Road Runner trailer in 2004. Always rinsed the wheels thoroughly and kept in my garage since new. In 2017, I started having problems with the brakes (drum) getting stuck so that the tire...
  10. wagonmaster

Best place for a combo of good work and price to get a new canvas built and bimini top built on the island?

I had some work done by Styles Upholstery on Princess Ave. more than ten years ago now that worked out very well. They are still there, so might give them a call.
  11. wagonmaster

boat trailer actuator

I mentioned in a previous post that I am having a problem with my trailer brakes locking up. I have had the brake system redone in the last two years including new backing plates, bearing kits, hub and drum assembly etc. but the problem remains. Can a malfunctioning actuator cause the brakes...
  12. wagonmaster

where to buy a new boat trailer

Thank you all for the input. I'll begin making some calls next week.
  13. wagonmaster

where to buy a new boat trailer

I have a 2004 Campion 542, garage kept and in perfect shape. The trailer, on the other hand, has been giving me grief for the last two years. The surge brakes keep seizing up and I have spent north of $1500 on new parts and labour at two different dealerships, but the problem keeps...
  14. wagonmaster

Deleting old conversations and alerts

Thanks for the reply Dogbreath. Not sure why my profile page would appear different from yours, but there is no "Mark as...Conversation" at the top of the page when I select Alerts. I played around a bit more and discovered that after selecting all conversations, "Selected Conversations"...
  15. wagonmaster

Deleting old conversations and alerts

When I bring up my list of conversations or alerts, I can see no way to delete them. Help please. Thanks.
  16. wagonmaster

Crab Bait

Been using chicken backs from Thrifty's for crab bait for a while and have found it better than salmon heads. Someone recently cautioned me that salmonella could be a problem using chicken. Anyone else heard of that?
  17. wagonmaster

2020 Sooke Reports

Thanks. Last time I was there, there seemed to be some question as to whether or not the ramp was going remain open to the public or just be part of the new private development. I'll head there next trip.
  18. wagonmaster

2020 Sooke Reports

Need a little updating on the launching situation at Sooke. Been fishing out there since the 70's, but haven't been in the last two, maybe three years since all the changes were made at Cheanuh. Is Cheanuh still an option or do we need to go to Pedder. Not really interested in Sooke Harbour...
  19. wagonmaster

Fishing BC app

Looked through a pile of regs in the app and can find current regulations no problem. Chinook closed to July 31 off Victoria, but no mention of future open dates and/or restrictions. Pretty sure retention of springs begins August 1st and if I wait until then the app will inform me. My...
  20. wagonmaster

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Hey King Crab, wondering about your July 31 reference in your post. Looking at the Fishing BC app it seems to indicate a closure until March 31, 2021 (with the possibility of in season adjustments, of course). Welcome any clarification input.
Back