Search results

1. R

Vancouver Island Smallmouth Bass Fishing

The derby at Quennell is every fathers day. Pay out is good. $3000 for first $2000 for second and $1000 for third, lots of door prizes. Last few years the winner has been low 4 pounds. They get 300 enteries to fish and the number of people that hit the lake all week while they camp leading up to...
  2. R

Quamichan Lake

I might have to try that place out. My dads uncle has the property next to the lake. Have to check with my dad.
  3. R

Quamichan Lake

I am 100 percent on board with keeping Quamichan and Somenos that way. I fish Shawnigan all the time and love it. Is there a way to get a small boat into Crofton or is it a hike in and fish from shore type lake.
  4. R

Quamichan Lake

Hey Guys. Haven't fished much around the Duncan area. Does anyone know if there are Smallmouth Bass in either Quamichan Lake or Somenos Lake. I know they are in surrounding lakes such as Fuller Lake Chemainus Lake and Shawnigan Lake. Rempy
  5. R

Soft bait for bass

The best way to know when you have a smallie on your line when using a senko is to throw your line, take up the slack and just let the senko sink on its own. The KEY part is to watch your line. DO NOT wait for a tug, by the time the tug may come you may have gut hooked the poor guy. Watch for...
  6. R

Crawfish anyone?

I am heading up to Sproat lake on Friday for the long weekend and hoping to try for some Crawfish. Does anyone out there have any traps laying around that I can borrow. I am heading up Friday evening from Victoria. Rempy
  7. R

Catch of the Day

My younger brother says that Perch is one of the best tasting fish he has ever had. I don't think that he has ever had any of that size though. Kunni is that out of Langford Lake. Evil little monsters. Rempy
  8. R

Catch of the Day

It was good to meet you as welll Kunni. Have to get you to Shawnigan. Fun times up there.
  9. R

Catch of the Day

I had a few little bites. One small guy about 5 inches long. He definatly did not want in the boat though. Very windy, nice challange for keeping the boat still. A challange I could have done with out. but no the less I was on the water which is what matters. When are we heading out again Brodie.
  10. R

Catch of the Day

I saw a carp last week must have been almost three feet long swim right under my boat at Elk lake. He swam inches under my boat. He must have been at least 10 inches wide. Rempy
  11. R

mesachie motor boats?

Yes, motors are allowed on Mesachie as for getting a boat on the lake is pretty limited as there are a few cabins and the rest of the property around the lake is mostly owned by Camp Imadene. For the longest time it was just two camp boats that ran around it, now in the rescent years many of the...
  12. R

12 ft aluminum boat refurbish

Hey Kunni, Someone posted some downriggers and rod holders on used vic, looks like the ones you are looking for. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Downriggers-and-rod-holders_19838394
  13. R

Catch of the Day

Can't wait to get out with you Brodie. exciting. Kunni, what lake did you get that little guy from.
  14. R

Woops

Captian of the American Dynasty was later heard yelling, "I sunk your Battleship"
  15. R

oh boy its going to be fun tomorrow at the derby

I was out with my cousin for bass in Beaver all day, it was dead over there. a few pulled out three or four over 5 pounds. It was not a good year for the derby, weather was not cooperative at all.
  16. R

Quesnel Lake

Thanks Big Green. Never even noticed that. I never even noticed the way he spelt it and the way I did. good luck in Quesnel.
  17. R

Quesnel Lake

I fish Quennell for Bass a lot and have seen one or two trout. One was a good size one but the looks of it was really muddy. If you are fishing for fun try for the trout in the channel that is furthest north east. What to do is an answer someone else would have to answer. if you are looking to...
  18. R

7th Annual Elk lake fishing Derby

where you heading to Brodie, Do you want some one to come a long. I am free for the morning. I sent you a pm a while back with my info. give me a call.
  19. R

7th Annual Elk lake fishing Derby

http://fishingvictoria.com/events/elk-lake-bring-a-kid-derby/
Back