Search results

1. treblig

Time for dads boat

We have always put our three kids first and their education. The last child has graduated from university and now that I am retired its time dad to buy the boat that he always wanted. I have always depended on others taking me out on the Pacific Pond. Now it going to be my turn. Thank goodness...
  2. treblig

Time for dad to buy a boat

We have always put our three kids first and their education. The last child has graduated from university and now that I am retired its time dad to buy the boat that he always wanted. I have always depended on others taking me out on the Pacific Pond. Now it going to be my turn. Thank goodness...
  3. treblig

Candy Salmon

It’s that time again to make some candied salmon. I have a long history of smoking fish and meat, creating various lox salmon but a better history in dehydration. What I believe is true candy salmon is not moist, dry like a jerky but full of exploding flavors as your chewing and saliva start to...
  4. treblig

Beach Journal 2018

So we ventured to an estuary . The salmon were there and it was low tide on slack. Sometimes the coho and springs were within 40 feet but we could not get them to bite except one spring jack. At least they are on the beaches. With the weather changing for the worst it may turn the bite on. Today...
  5. treblig

Beef jerky Teriyaki day

Today is Beef jerky Teriyaki day .If you ever the chance to get one of these 24 rack floor dehydrators grab it. Unbelievable even heat, easy to clean, 24 rack. It has warm up mode, cool down mode and is digit and very accurate. Today is Beef jerky day. Eye of round roast in the brine for 24...
  6. treblig

Prelude to 2018 Beach Fishing Journal

With the Spring and Coho salmon beach fishing slowly approaching I thought I would share our adventures fishing on the East Coast of Vancouver Island beaches. We use long ultra lite long rods built to handle heavy salmon but flexable to cast 3/8 and 1/2 ounce lures. Using 8 pound main line...
  7. treblig

River Journal 09/12/2018

Secound day on the flo. With the heavy rains the river was up and very hard on the legs. Three fellas fell in after loosing their footing the day before. I wear steel studs but it was still a effort when you run down river chasing a salmon to keep you footing. Drifting with a bead set 1 1/2 to...
  8. treblig

First Day With A Spey Rod

Finally I was able to get out and use the Amundson Wind Warrior Spey Rod. I have fly fished since I was a teen but never had the opportunity to use a Spey rod. I have often looked in wonder when watching a Spey angler achieving amazing casts with little effort. Having practiced the d loop over...
  9. treblig

the Big Bank

WE went for a great day fishing for halibut at Ucluelet . The transderm patch works . Everyone had one behind their ear. Rough ride to get out 25 miles on the big bank but once their it calmed down. The day ended with 5 halibuts kept and 10 hatchery cohos.
  10. treblig

Creating The Spark

I thought I would repost one of my most popular article. Were does that passion for fishing come from? Often it starts at a young age as we observed a mentor usually a parent wanting to share the joys they have experienced from their own past adventures. They were concerned that the kids...
  11. treblig

More prototype Casting lures

My testing of prototype angling gear has resulted in fine tuning many rods , lures and reels. This fall I will receive prototype casting lures that originally were only for trolling. The trolling lures are extreme successful and durable. Two years ago I tested one prototype casting lure with...
  12. treblig

Coming Back Full Circle

I started life angling with gear . Then I became a purist fly angler for our steelheads , salmons and trouts for decades . Then the last 20 years ultra lite long rod gear beach fishing for salmon off our British Columbia beaches. Amundson Outdoors has sent me their 14 foot 3 inch 9 wt Spey rod...
  13. treblig

sage rod for spey reel

I have a Sage fly rod SP 896 graphite IV 3 5/8 oz with rod sock and aluminum tube . Looking for a trade 9 wt spey reel
  14. treblig

Action Discs

It been very difficult to get out on the salt chuck with the high winds , gusts and white caps. Often I am after the big boys but today a buddy called and asked if I would like to join him on one of our local lake for a few hour. Perfect as I have been going through withdrawal. I decided to use...
  15. treblig

Empty seat for fishing

HI Guys I am off today Tuesday and Wednesday . My fishing ride blew a transmission. If anybody has a empty seat and want to play with new APTackle lures I am in Nanaimo . Call 250-390-1773 gil
  16. treblig

Gopro5

I Guys I am on Vancouver island in Nanaimo. Anybody interested in a gopro 5 with lots of accessories worth about $650. Selling for $475 used twice purchased last January 2017. I'm buying a bigger camera . e-mail me doliveiragil@telus.net
  17. treblig

Next Lure To Use

I have Needlefish,Anchovy and Herring to pick from. With all the luck with green hootchies and the pink sink lately I have to think out of the box and try something different. Do the members have any suggestions?Anybody else trying something different?
  18. treblig

LOX SALMON

I start with shoulder cuts of either Coho or Spring salmon. No white springs I save those for candy salmon that is being dried in the dehydrator right now. Both sides of the cut I sprinkle a light coat of rock salt and heavy layer of white pepper and a thick layer of dill. I wrap them in...
  19. treblig

Candy Salmon

I have smoked fish for over 20 years and love the various tastes . I have also candied salmon with a dehydrator using the flavour of the various brines for the last 18 years. I have alway been disappointed with dehydrators on there in a ability to dry even, control temperature, and the quality...
  20. treblig

Candy Salmon Dehydrator Change

I have been using this old plastic dehydrator for 20 years . Always having to rotate , change self levels and re arranging the salmon as they dry uneven. I finally bit the bullet and moved over to a large commercial unit especially when it went 20% off. It has 360 degree air movement and the...
Back