Search results

1. fish4all

Best boat for overnighting and fishing??

Just going into retirement stage and would like to find a boat for the wife and I to enjoy the BC coast. Would appreciate a few recommendations. I have worked on the ocean most of my life but know little about pleasure boats. Few things on the wish list. -trailerable -separate head...
  2. fish4all

Conservatives Fisheries Platform

I did a bit of cut and paste to try and focus on BC. The full platform is on the Federal Conservatives site. If someone wants to find the other parties platform and post that would be great. Personally I haven’t like what I’ve seen over the last few years. Fisheries Conservation and Community...
  3. fish4all

Whales are Healthy. Open it up.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mobile/southern-resident-orca-pod-in-best-condition-in-decade-1.5421584
  4. fish4all

Thanks to those that participated at IPHC.

Just wanted to thank the people that spent 4 days on a zoom call to help maintain Canada’s share of the halibut resource. It was a contentious meeting and to those that attended, contributed and spoke.... Thank you !!
  5. fish4all

Yelloweye increase

I see there has been an increase in yelloweye mortality. The mortality cap went from 13.9 tonnes to 29.8 tonnes, coast wide. Anyone know if there will be a change in limits?
  6. fish4all

IPHC results

I’m sure most of you heard. The IPHC results for Canada came back with no change for BC. Alaska took hits in all areas and Canada managed to hold their own. One note to mention that this is the first year since the treaty that Canada was compensated for the trawl bycatch in Alaska to the tune of...
  7. fish4all

FN increase YE catch by 270%

received this late last night just as the office closed. While rec and commercial have been severely curtailed FN increase their take by 278%.
  8. fish4all

If JT can fly to tofino for a weekend why can’t the fisheries minister fly to Alaska.

I know some are against enhancing and ocean ranching but the numbers do show a fair bit
  9. fish4all

IPHC Results

Roughly a 3.8% decline in TAC. Thanks to all those that attended the Iphc this year. It was a difficult meeting.
  10. fish4all

Chamber sealer vacuum bags.

Good morning. This was discussed a couple years back. Anyone have any leads on where to buy 4 mil bags for a chamber sealer?
  11. fish4all

Fisheries Minister Busted.

Dominic LeBlanc broke conflict of interest rules by approving lucrative surf clam license to wife’s cousin By Amanda Connolly National Online Journalist Global News. Dominic LeBlanc attends a press conference at the National Press Theatre in Ottawa on Wednesday, May 11, 2016. The Canadian...
  12. fish4all

Stewards of the land harvest 300,000 lbs of herring eggs in central coast

The central coast stewards of the land harvested 300,000 lbs of rok (herring eggs) this year outside of Bella Bella. That is the equivalent to over 16 full permits from an area that traditionally sustained 4-6 permits. I’m sure there will be blame in the future as to how the commercial sector...
  13. fish4all

Yelloweye restrictions.

-New recreational fishing rules in OR to protect Yelloweye rockfish- The central Oregon coast nearshore (inside 40 fathoms) halibut sport fishery continues. Recent concerns over Yelloweye rockfish (Sebastes ruberrimus) conservation have prompted the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife...
  14. fish4all

Tuna Tar Tar. Super easy

6 oz chopped tuna 1 tbsp sesame oil 1 tbsp soya sauce 1 tbsp maple syrup Mix together let sit min 20 minutes Top with diced chives and black sesame seeds.
  15. fish4all

Halibut bycatch in Alaska

Cross our fingers this gets some teeth in it this year. thanks again to all those that attended the IPHC meeting and helped push the severity of this problem. Full Steam Ahead on Halibut Bycatch Reduction Date Posted: February 11, 2015 Categories: AMCC Blog “Mycatch” by Homer...
  16. fish4all

vacuum bags

any recent thoughts on where to buy 4 mil bags. Also looking for bags with the gold backing.
  17. fish4all

IPHC Results

I would like to thank our Canadian contingency for a job well done. It was a very difficult negotiation this year. Proud to say Canada ended up at 6.85 million. A very small decrease compared to what was slated.
  18. fish4all

DFO so broke they are dis functional

Ran into a couple of the top enforcement people for DFO yesterday. I was mentioning the gross abuse of the halibut resource by the natives in Port Hardy. There are trailer loads of Hali being shipped to china town. There reply was " we know, but we don't have any money to deal with it ". What a...
  19. fish4all

Meat cutting bandsaw

Anyone have ideas on a meat cutting band saw? I have been searching the internet but not much luck on low end ones available to canada.
Back