Search results

1. R

halibut

so with the WA halibut season now 8 full days, the 64 dollar question, WHO out of Sooke should I book with?? thanks. gt
  2. R

Original ALMAR back on the market

having now completed our fishing, shrimping, crabbing seasons, i am putting REELFAST back on the market. $70,000 USD. send me an email if you want the 3 page list of specs. thanks for your interest. gt
  3. R

REELFAST going on the market

Health is the reason: REELFAST LOA 31.5 LWL 25 Reelfast was built to owners spec by ALMAR in Tacoma, WA during the summer/fall of 2006. To my knowledge, she remains the one and only center console fishing machine fabricated by this company. Her hull was built to mil-spec by their Navy...
  4. R

REELFAST going on the market

Health is the reason: REELFAST LOA 31.5 LWL 25 Reelfast was built to owners spec by ALMAR in Tacoma, WA during the summer/fall of 2006. To my knowledge, she remains the one and only center console fishing machine fabricated by this company. Her hull was built to mil-spec by their Navy...
  5. R

warm water bubble??

just read in the Seattle paper that a 'warm water bubble' exists just off shore which is forcing 90% of the sockeye to detour down Johnstone strait. I also have to wonder if that is also the reason general salmon season has been so slow for the majority of us. have you folks read anything...
  6. R

US hatchery reform in the PNW

From the Executive Summary: "Hatcheries have long played a necessary role in meeting harvest and conservation goals for Pacific Northwest salmon and steelhead. However, a need to reform the hatchery system has been identified by scientists and policymakers based on growing concerns about the...
  7. R

sewage

so Esquimalt stops the permitting for the sewage treatment plant. wonderful! so 1 million gallons of raw sewage an hour continues to pour into the strait from the third world country of Van Isle. keep up the good work folks..............
  8. R

trolling for sockeye

given the astronomical forecasts for run returns, it appears as though WDFW is going to include sockeye in our daily bag limit this season along the strait. knowing absolutely nothing about terminal tackle for this species, I would appreciate any and all advice your folks might have to direct...
  9. R

tuna question

when you folks run out of Bamfield for tuna, what is the typical distance you have to run off shore to find the temp differential??
  10. R

halibut

I know this was posted, someplace, but I can't find it, help!! in the south island area between Sooke and Victoria, can you please post up the slot limits and the dates those are valid. I seem to remember one of these slot limits goes away at some point. thanks and sorry for the redundancy.
  11. R

a quick question on retension

can you folks keep unclipped coho in areas 19 and 20?? thanks.
  12. R

Oh Canada

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/06/24/oh_canada
  13. R

alex morton

several weeks ago my wife and I were in port townsend and walked past the rose theatre. a poster announcing an upcoming event, a free showing of 'salmon confidential' caught our eye. we picked up tickets and have just come home after listening to Alex Morton and watching a very disturbing film...
  14. R

Ace Bulldog hands free

my first chance to try this device happened this AM. as some background, my pots are rigged using commercial grade "blue steel', a really hard lay line. the pulls are 400' so i was hopefull that this device would do the trick. in short, don't waste your money. problems i think are: -...
  15. R

CHIRP followup

well the dragonfly was fully engaged during our short halibut season. one of the features of this unit is being able to limit the part of the water column you wish to view. with that in mind, i focused the device on the bottom, what else. while i still have to fiddle around with the...
  16. R

Chirp

the Dragon Fly is now installed on REELFAST. what a hassle to get this product. Ray, it would seem, overhyped the product and then could not deliver on the orders. oh well, its a done deal at this point and i can hardly wait to see how it works. with the forecasts for JDF not looking too...
  17. R

seattle PI, todays paper

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2013/05/13/coal-trains-pipelines-climate-british-columbia-vote-mirrors-u-s/ i hope the opposition rules and you are able to derail the harper environmental disaster.
  18. R

Thompson R. Coho

for the second year in a row, WDFW has imposed a mark selective fishery along JDF. the reason given is to protect the Thompson R. Coho runs. last september we were sorting fish every day trying to find a few clipped fish. as i read your regulations i am not seeing any special considerations...
  19. R

boat electronics upgrade experience

so i wanted to add a 1kW transducer in order to get better sonar defintion on suspended fish. discussions here and elsewhere suggested that the Airmar SS264W in 200khz was going to be a good choice. so i attended the Seattle boat show to try and figure out the rest of the puzzle. i spoke with...
  20. R

MFD + Radar + navionics gold chart

i am adding a 1kW transducer to my boat. that means i have to remove my bullet proof Classic C-80. i will be removing this fully functioning RayMarine equipment within the next 2 weeks. included: Classic C-80 MFD 2kW 18" radome radar unit Navionics Gold chip for our region All original...
Back