Search results

1. R

Prawn pot doors

my prawn pots didn't have doors, only ramps that were pretty narrow at the top end. never got anything but prawns in those pots.
  2. R

Braid vs Wire (from the Sooke reports thread)

wire, at best would last me 2 seasons. it was the only reason i lost 2 cannonballs, frayed wire. i switched to braid, made sure my pulleys were free and moving and learned to tie some braid knots. at the end of each season, i would pull off about 20' of that braid and redo the connections. i...
  3. R

halibut

thanks folks, trip is now booked for June. appreciate your taking the time to respond.
  4. R

halibut

last season was a full 11 days. a bunch of us have suggested they spread the season over the course of 2 months keeping the same daily bag and possession limits. that might let people fish better current days with better weather conditions. as usual, fish and wildlife is deaf. the staff over...
  5. R

halibut

so with the WA halibut season now 8 full days, the 64 dollar question, WHO out of Sooke should I book with?? thanks. gt
  6. R

Original ALMAR back on the market

having now completed our fishing, shrimping, crabbing seasons, i am putting REELFAST back on the market. $70,000 USD. send me an email if you want the 3 page list of specs. thanks for your interest. gt
  7. R

REELFAST going on the market

page 2: --------------------------------------------------------- The Hull: - Hull bottom .250 marine grade aluminum - Forward Port side boarding door to allow beaching - Keel reinforced in the bow with double layer of aluminum for 6’, .250 - ACCON 202-8 8” pop-up or folding cleats -...
  8. R

page 2: --------------------------------------------------------- The Hull: - Hull bottom .250 marine grade aluminum - Forward Port side boarding door to allow beaching - Keel reinforced in the bow with double layer of aluminum for 6’, .250 - ACCON 202-8 8” pop-up or folding cleats - Bottom...
  9. R

seems that the full spec sheet i have, 3 pages, is too big for this list. but to give you some additional detail, here is the first page: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- REELFAST LOA 31.5 LWL 25 Reelfast was built to owners...
  10. R

Electric brakes on trailer

my EZLoader has electric over hydraulic disc brakes. no problems at all since 2006. i opted for the disc brakes because i was worried about drum brakes in and out of the salt. pretty easy to fresh water flush the disc system.
  11. R

VHF antenna: CB antenna (many commercial boats still use this): cell phone amplifier(never have lost a signal with an 8' antenna)
  12. R

happy to send a full set of specs. just pop me an email, directly. greg@reelfast.us have lots of interior jpegs as well.
  13. R

happy to send a full set of specs. just pop me an email, directly. greg@reelfast.us have lots of interior jpegs as well.
  14. R

Health is the reason: REELFAST LOA 31.5 LWL 25 Reelfast was built to owners spec by ALMAR in Tacoma, WA during the summer/fall of 2006. To my knowledge, she remains the one and only center console fishing machine fabricated by this company. Her hull was built to mil-spec by their Navy...
  15. R

twin Yamaha 150s <500 hrs. Thanks for the tip JAC.
  16. R

Health is the reason: REELFAST LOA 31.5 LWL 25 Reelfast was built to owners spec by ALMAR in Tacoma, WA during the summer/fall of 2006. To my knowledge, she remains the one and only center console fishing machine fabricated by this company. Her hull was built to mil-spec by their Navy...
  17. R

bottom paint on aluminum boat advice

thats exactly how mine was done. only have to redo the ablative coating from time to time. if done correctly, everything else stays adhered to the hull. important to not miss any of these steps.
  18. R

i should have also mentioned that places that do powder coating often do their prep work via bead blasting. the most important steps are a clean aluminum, without oxidization, followed by two coats of appropriately applied epoxy barrier coating. that then is topped with ablative paint. my...
  19. R

bead blasting is a bit less abrasive than sand blasting, that's about it. several 'hot rod' shops in the area can offer the bead blasting, you might want to check that source. not good news regarding the paint that is available in Canada. you might sent an email to West Marine product folks...
  20. R

Aluminum boats on bunk trailers

i have the EZLoader 'slick pad' on my bunks. zero issues since 2006. plus, bump off and drive on makes all of this super easy. roller bunks are for the birds once you try this system out.
Back