Search results

1. K

Early Spring Flyfishing

Try casting booby flies on sinking lines towards the shore in 8-18ft of water. Its a great method when the fish are being picky and not heavy on the feed. Got into over 40 fish using this method yesterday. -KK
  2. K

Sooke2015

Must have had some HOGS! on!
  3. K

BC Coastal Cutthroat trout

Oh yeah! NICE FISH! That thing would make my 4wt explode!
  4. K

BC Coastal Cutthroat trout

The last 3 days have been good for Cuttys. none like that though! Biggest was about 15.5" for me. But they have to be one of my favorite looking fish!
  5. K

First Open Water of 2015 Shannon Lake Kayak / Swan Ice Fishing

BGM said it right. Its hunting 100% And when we hunt we dont look for #'s of fish caught! Its about a Trophy!
  6. K

Down Rigger Servicing--Be Careful

Now someone needs to come up with a Scotty rod holder that's yellow and looks like a Banana LOL
  7. K

DFO Victoria Fishery Notice!!

Should be that way already! Most winter fish I catch are Hatchery. They just go from 7-12 pounders to 12-20 pounders.
  8. K

Bottom bouncing for winter springs

I like to bump my boat in and out of gear letting both balls drop into the mud and then gunning the kicker and taking off. I find alot of my strikes are just as I take off.
  9. K

Catch of the day

Holy Chit No gloves...
  10. K

fishing slang definitions

Boat Ho = has a different meaning on my boat! Hammer-time = multiple fish on around you
  11. K

Christmas Rainbow

What a Dandy! Somebody has a Christmas day memory for life! Congrats to the catcher! I would say in the 6 something range. Kicked away nice and strong too. -KK
  12. K

Boxing Day....What Did You Do...

Spent the day at the Kemp Lake with my old man. What a gorgeous day! No wind and no rain. Got a few nice bows up to 18" too. And a nice wild cutty as well. -KK
  13. K

Top 3 go to Beers?

Have an issue with Preservatives in beer. 2-3 Budweiser and I wont be able to move the next day! Can do 15 Hells Gate and function the next day.
  14. K

Top 3 go to Beers?

Stanley Park - Pilsner, Phillips - Dr Funk Dunkle And if I want a case I buy Hells Gate - Lager.
  15. K

2015 IIHF World Juniors

Should be a good tournament. Though I agree that glove hand is mediocre at best. Maybe Comrie will end up in net Sunday. See what hes like. -KK
  16. K

What Sage Fly Rod to Buy??

Nailed it! Great rod. Plus cant go wrong with a 4 piece for storage!
  17. K

What Sage Fly Rod to Buy??

Dave, When you get back to the island give me a call and we will talk! I am very interested in hearing more details. And as you know I can toss the fly around not half bad! If you are looking at targeting trout coho and steel I would say a 7 weight will be great. I have an 8 weight sage you...
  18. K

Derby's Canuck emporium

Well Bo is gonna stick around. After last game I figured it would be hard to send him back to the minors. Im predicting a 6-2 win. With The 4th line having another big night. Love the speed of that line.
  19. K

Derby's Canuck emporium

Couldn't agree more. Last year there were so many games I wanted to turn off afer the first period. So far this year the style Willie coaches is great. The drip down the coast to cali might prove a good test for us. That Sedin ot goal actually got me off my couch it was just a beauty! -KK
  20. K

Victoria 2014 Reports

I would take it he sees them nibble by watching his rod tip while its in the holder. But live footage would be pretty cool!
Back