Search results

1. Dan

If B.C. banned treble hooks and barbed singles....

If B.C. banned the use and sale of ALL treble hooks and ALL barbed singles in fresh and saltwater.... ...stores can only sell single barbless hooks, etc... ...Would you still go fishing ?
  2. Dan

So...closed for retention also means closed to catch & release...

Wow, mind blown...thought I was well versed on the regs...learned something new today... I was fishing at the breakwater this morning and was checked by DFO and was informed that I must cease targeting rockfish (rockcod, bass....whatever you wanna call them). I was only doing catch & release...
  3. Dan

Salmon Shore Casting Vids I Made

Made these throughout the summer in East Sooke Park at or near Beechy Head, ENJOY ! ! ! First Salmon ! [gMcXMmgTuUA] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMcXMmgTuUA& (can only post 1 vid per post..........)
  4. Dan

200+ yards of fishing line in your prop

Curious... When driving a boat and approaching half a dozen or so shore casters who are casting 100-150 feet out, what is the logic behind roaring by them approx 50-75 feet off the shore ? I know that boaters are supposed to take the inside along shore when cruising though where other boats...
  5. Dan

Wild Coho Question

So, I'm trying to get a clear understanding of the salt water regs as I'm mainly a fresh water guy and have very little salt water experience. Finding the salmon regs a bit more involved than I had expected so after sifting through it all many many many times and filling up the back of both my...
  6. Dan

C'mOn SpRiNg!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: Bye bye February !!! :p ...........That is all.
  7. Dan

My pics/vids of fishing at local lakes

Hey, so I tend to take too many pics and some vids while out and about on south Van. Isl. and Gulf Islands so I started a facebook page to showcase them. Feel free to like or just sit back and enjoy the view... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Island-Lake-Fishing/210963682361541?ref=hl :cool:
  8. Dan

Your Favorite Freshwater Month And Why

As someone who has been actively fishing for only 9 months or so, I'm interested in hearing what the non noobs have to say on this. ....shoot !
  9. Dan

Ever been selected for jury duty ?

Howdy ! Anyone ever get selected for jury duty ?(in B.C.) Care to share your experience ? LOL !
  10. Dan

Winter Freshwater Fishing

Hey ! I'm curious, how is the freshwater fishing throughout winter ? (Dec, Jan & Feb) Bass ?...Trout ?.......stay at home & wait for spring ? :rolleyes: ...
  11. Dan

Safe to eat ?

Hey, I wanted to start a discussion about freshwater catches and whether or not the lake they came from makes them safe or unsafe to eat. I have always thought that lakes next to a highway were not entirely safe to eat fish from...but I have nothing to back this up... I have also heard that...
Back