Search results

1. Dan

Nailing Some Near Shore Copper Rockfish

Hey Doc, try Roy Osselton, Fishery Officer, Conservation and Protection. Phone: 250-363-3252 Email: roy.osselton@dfo-mpo.gc.ca Ask him and post it here. That way if I'm wrong it would be great to know where in B.C. tidal waters you are allowed to target rockfish for catch and release after you...
  2. Dan

Nailing Some Near Shore Copper Rockfish

Just so you know Doc, targeting rockfish in all areas of B.C. tidal waters for catch & release is unlawful ! You are supposed to keep your limit and move to another area. Even in shallow water like our Ogden Point breakwater where you can catch them in 10 ft of water....not allowed. Again...
  3. Dan

how do you subdue an Octopus????

That's what the regs say !
  4. Dan

Opinions on these semi barb-less hooks.

Hey I just thought it was funny, lots of people post funny things here but if you're offended - for some reason - I can remove it, no big deal, just thought it was funny. I don't recall "posting" about the cons of treble hooks but I do have an interest as what others think of them and whether or...
  5. Dan

Opinions on these semi barb-less hooks.

Trebles eh ? .......lol, sorry...couldn't help it.....;)
  6. Dan

Unwanted Invasive BC Fish?

You might want to read the regulations :) http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1517/fishing_synopsis_2015-17_provincial.pdf RULES ON BAIT USAGE: Fin fish: The use of fin fish (dead or alive) or parts of fin fish other than roe is prohibited throughout the province, with...
  7. Dan

Unwanted Invasive BC Fish?

You are under NO OBLIGATION to kill ANY fish you catch, it is more or less up to you but your options are limited. It comes down to kill or release(in the water you caught it in), if you kill you should do so to consume. As the rules already posted by Big_Shank state, you cannot hold or...
  8. Dan

If B.C. banned treble hooks and barbed singles....

If B.C. banned the use and sale of ALL treble hooks and ALL barbed singles in fresh and saltwater.... ...stores can only sell single barbless hooks, etc... ...Would you still go fishing ?
  9. Dan

Single or Treble...?

I tried circle hooks for an entire summer(I shore fish only/no boat) and they did work quite good although they are not recommended for retrieving lures(so they say). I always try things people tell me I shouldn't or can't do and usually have success and circle hook was one of those cases. My...
  10. Dan

Single or Treble...?

Single, barbless...that's all I use for all species and I still have to fiddle with hook removal. All you have to do is keep the pressure up on your rod. Can't imagine what it's like to fish with trebles, SOOOO overkill and completely unnecessary.
  11. Dan

Freshwater Licence for Kids

Just to clear this up.... "If you are 16 and over - You must carry your license while sport fishing and, if asked, produce it for inspection by a Conservation Officer, Fishery Officer, RCMP constable, Park Ranger in a park, or an Officer under the Wildlife Act" If you are under the age...
  12. Dan

Shore fishing Victoria

Amazing how many fish of a lifetime's are caught and no one takes a picture. :rolleyes:
  13. Dan

Shore fishing Victoria

Sounds like a fishing tale... Not like we're in a global camera shortage or nuthin ;)
  14. Dan

Shore fishing Victoria

Do you know all the regulations and requirements for salmon fishing in B.C. ? I'd be glad to help you learn how to do it but you have to want to do it legally. Message me if you want to know more...
  15. Dan

bow fishing

I disagree, although I'll admit I took a course from the elitist douches on what fish should be culled and made a fool of myself not too long ago. I've learned from others in the fishing community(as well as done my own research) that Elk lake in particular is not a natural system and all this...
  16. Dan

bow fishing

Naw...catch em on bait, best fresh water fish we got by far without spending thousands on "gear" and driving halfway up Vancouver Island. Catch, release, rinse repeat, it's a blast.
  17. Dan

bow fishing

spear fish ... means to fish with a spear or an arrow that is propelled by a spring, an elastic band, compressed air, a bow or by hand. Only non-game fish (such as carp) may be speared, except burbot which may also be speared in Regions 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8. No spear fishing of any other game...
  18. Dan

Freshwater Licence for Kids

It just says, persons age 16 and up are required to have a non tidal license.
  19. Dan

You biggest Halibut

60 lbs 2006 ?
  20. Dan

Regulations ?

The "why" ? would be because (electric)powered boats produce wake.
Back