Search results

1. hippaisland

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Slowed down on our way in and watched one boat net a Chinook and proceed to reset gear while it was in the net. Unless that’s their idea of C&R. All 10-12 boats were fishing very tight to green can so I’m sure they weren’t the only ones. Gave description to dfo. Be nice to see them out there...
  2. hippaisland

Must be a dozen boats trolling SH now… after 23 calls I finally got DFO on the line. Said they’re sending a boat but who knows. Frustrating to see. FN netting the river on inside of break wall too in multiple spots. Update: just passed fisheries boat heading out in river, hope they nail the...
  3. hippaisland

My Bridgeview is yeah. Guided for WCR back in the day and scooped it off them when they closed Milbanke lodge 6 or 7 years ago. Was a beauty day. Just had to follow @Rain City around to find the fish!
  4. hippaisland

It was red. Maybe NV Fire derby flag.
  5. hippaisland

Buzzing over to other side. Beauty morning. 1 boat out trolling SH. Bold move.(avid angler program perhaps) @Rain City should have a report before me as he buzzed across in the dark in his undies.
  6. hippaisland

Need three more licensed fishing guides for Aug 30-Sept 3, 2022 trip to Langara

BYOGuide eh. Did they give you a heads up they don’t have guides for your trip?
  7. hippaisland

***DELETE - PACKAGE SECURED***Longshot - Package pickup - BlackCreek -> Lower Mainland

Have found a ride for the tote! Going to fish entrance Sunday and pick up tote in Nanaimo by boat. Calling for light winds so good excuse to get out on the water. My gal thinks I’m a hero and I get the day off to go fishing. WIN/WIN. Wanted to thank everyone for reaching out with offers to...
  8. hippaisland

I thought 28-9 opens tomorrow, however that was off one of those nice pac angler maps awhile back, not official
  9. hippaisland

***DELETE - PACKAGE SECURED***Longshot - Package pickup - BlackCreek -> Lower Mainland

Yes still looking, give me a ring or text. 604-818-8003
  10. hippaisland

$100 cash if anyones coming down island Sunday and willing to drop tote at any Nanaimo marina. Can be over there in boat to meet pretty much anytime. Would ship but doesn’t arrive in Black Creek until Saturday 1pm and the gal needs contents asap. Pickup: Sea View Farm 1392 Seaview Rd Black...
  11. hippaisland

It would be if he is willing to p/u package and drop at a marina in Nanaimo on their way down. Then I could pickup via boat on Saturday or Sunday. Be happy to slip them some cash for their troubles. However tote isn’t available for pickup until around 12-1pm on Saturday so not sure how that...
  12. hippaisland

Tuna cord crimps ?

Nope they fit through no problem. I run a 6 foot tuna cord to a SS swivel at top that acts as stopper.
  13. hippaisland

Tuna cord crimps ?

Just tie little bowlines! No need to mess with crimps in my opinion.
  14. hippaisland

I like your thinking… Come to think of it… would be a good excuse to go fish Entrance this weekend if anyones coming down to Nanaimo.
  15. hippaisland

Alternatively even if someone is coming through Black Creek to Nanaimo or Vic she could buzz over and meet there.
  16. hippaisland

Bit of a longshot but thought I’d put it out there. Anyone coming from Black Creek area or passing through and coming over to either Horseshoe Bay/Tsawwassen Saturday afternoon or later(avail for pickup Saturday by 1pm in Black Creek). Trying to get a tote over that gal left at Nootka Sound...
  17. hippaisland

Sooner or later you might get a spring on the sabiki!
  18. hippaisland

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fn was out gillnetting off the wall this evening in a skiff. Guessing a “sustenance/ceremonial” opening.
Back