Search results

1. myles

22ft Outrage w/whaler drive - restoration

Remember the merc 115 with command thrust is nearly comparable to a few other manufacures 140-150hp fourstrokes. I'd be surprised if all it got was 35mph. Likely spinning a pair of Enertia props, big blades. I'd be surprised it can't crack 38mph, but heck I've been wrong lots. The WD tax...
  2. myles

Had to fight some osmosis on the pod. Water gets in through the rub rail and the cracks it had. The pod was full of super small checks. chased them all out with a finger sander and filled them with epoxy. I know there are other ways to fix this, but trying to make the repair balance quality and...
  3. myles

some more progress last weekend and evenings in the week
  4. myles

Does yours have a WD? I know the WD sacrifices performance and are heavy as well, but we want to keep this boat as factory as possible. Fuel tank doesn't matter on size, it just matters if you fill it up. I'm sure the tank was the big model. The boat had pair 150hp 2 strokes before but never...
  5. myles

We looked at the WD details. They like twins regular shaft is what I gather. The boat will be powered with 115hp merc with a larger gearcase. It should be low to mid 40'smph top end I believe. I have a new fuel tank being made, it's a direct clone of the old one. It will get acid-washed, and...
  6. myles

probably the weakest link in the whaler is the through hull fittings. The have a o-ring DM sent
  7. myles

We joked about putting a big single on a tiller and just keeping it open Penga style. That would suit the budget...and be pretty fishy
  8. myles

Probably the weakest link in the older whaler is the through hull fittings. They have an o-ring on each end of the custom flared fittings. No glue, no sikiflex no protection of the foam if the o ring fails. A WTF moment for sure when I removed the old ones. if you have an older whaler and want...
  9. myles

Interested for sure. We have ordered Alex Seal 501 top coat as the pod is being painted and color-matched to the hull along with the gunnels. It was too far gone to re gel it with ease. the pod has lots of osmosis which I have almost beaten with the epoxy. That's the drag with whalers when the...
  10. myles

A buddy and me have been spending the winter restoring a neglected old whaler. Learned a couple cool things in this build. Been humbled a few times as well. Excited to see it go back together in the next 2 months. Will throw more images up and some explanations etc once I find a faster...
  11. myles

Below waterline primer

Above water line stuff and cosmetics are much more difficult to repair but just need to know a few tricks and you can get really satisfying results. Colour matching the gel takes skill - guys out there will mix you up a gal for a fee if you want it to match perfect. For all that non...
  12. myles

Tackle Sale

If you need some new tackle go down to Pacific Playground or go online and check out the deals they have. Lots of plugs, spoons jigs, and even reels on sale. They must be making room for new inventory.
  13. myles

want to buy 1106 downriggers

I need a pair of "beater" 1106s for my tin boat im building. The cannons are way way too nice for the shenanigans that I'll be pulling off in the tinner. I'll probably sink it so I can't invest too much in her! I'll probably need to buy a pair or tmx-5s and convergence rods wouldn't want to risk...
  14. myles

want to buy 1106 downriggers

Hi guys, i need a pair of 1106 downriggers. Is anyone upgrading and wanting to offload some antiquated technology on me?
  15. myles

Below waterline primer

A little bit of misinformation here. You are correct you absolutely should use epoxy products to fill holes below the water line. Epoxy has much better physical properties than polyester. Since the repair is below the water line you can just cover the repair with bottom paint afterward who cares...
  16. myles

2024 Derbies?

Correct its out of Coopers Green, because they have the hall there and its central on the lower Sunshine Coast. Quarry bay to Gower is the boundary. People can drive their catch to coopers by car or boat to be weighed before 3pm. A lot of guys will probably be trailer boaters so I can see guys...
Back