Search results

1. Scott2010

Westcoast Pinks

Heading up island in a few day for some beach fishing. How's everyone making out, I hear it's a good year so far in CR . The site's been slow lets share some pics and stories.
  2. Scott2010

Diversion Reservoir

We attempted to reach Diversion via Forebay rd about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately the road is deactivated about half way up. Is this the most common road up there? Is there still access? On a side note, I was curious about the humpback reservoir, are you allowed to fish it? Scott
  3. Scott2010

Qualicum man charged with guiding without a license.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/328555421.html.
  4. Scott2010

Coal Harbour\Holberg area

Heading to Coal Harbour at the end of September and was wondering if anyone is familiar with the area. I see there is a hatchery at the eastern end of Rupert Inslet, how is the beach fishing for Coho there? Has anyone tried the beach in Holberg? Going up to have a look regardless, gonna hike...
  5. Scott2010

ECVI Pinks 2015

Nothing in Nanaimo so far. Heard of a few North of Comox. No schools at the Clux yet. Nile creek is crappy most of the time, best to hold out for a good rain (like today) and go to C river or the Eve where you know you'll catch one. Good Luck, hope to see you out there
  6. Scott2010

Sockeye closure on the somass

June 29, 2015 until further notice: closure to all fishing in that portion of Subarea 23-1 from the tidal boundary signs at Paper Mill Dam on the Somass River downstream to a line commencing at a boundary sign in upper Alberni Harbour situated at 49°14.19 north latitude and 124°50.23 west...
  7. Scott2010

Estuary fishing

If an area in front of an estuary is open to retention, then wouldn't that apply to the estuary as well? For example, the englishman is catch and release, but then one could retain in the estuary? Coho retention was increased last year on the East coast and I think i missed out on some estuary...
  8. Scott2010

white seafood chowder\ soup

I cleaned out the freezer today and thawed some fish for the pot. I ended up using a big steelhead carcass for the stock. I used the usual veggies: spuds, onion, carrot, celery. I added fresh dill, lemon, garlic, white wine, buttermilk, cream, butter. Lots of rosemary, cayenne, pepper, salt...
  9. Scott2010

Lois Lake

Hi all, I've been planning on coming to Duncan again to fish again. This time at Lois. I come every month or so. Trout last month in the tube on the river. Lake fishing this time. Any recommendations. FFO obviously. Thanks, Scott
  10. Scott2010

Cowichan River Browns

What is the retention law for them right now.The regs make no mention of no retention, although I think that's the general rule up there. Cheers, Scott
  11. Scott2010

Gordon\San Juan Rivers

I was looking for regs on the gordon, but found nothing. Is it the same as the San Jan for regs? This pertains to Coho\Steel.
Back