Search results

1. B

Lowrance transducer

Hi All, So i've just bought a HDS Live for my boat, and now i have that in the front and an older Gen3 unit at the back. I have an old Lowrance 50/200 transducer but i want to upgrade that considering my equipment, what would you recommend for someone who fishes the ocean for salmon/halibut and...
  2. B

Aluminum welder in Victoria

Any recommendations for a good aluminum welder in Victoria? My radar tower is broken (wasn't welded correctly) and I need a pro to fix it. Thanks!
  3. B

ISO 15lb downrigger balls

I'm looking for 15lb downrigger balls in Victoria area. I need 3. Also looking for 2lb Halibut balls but less important. PM me if you got anything available and price. Thanks!
  4. B

Yamaha F4 motor, quits randomly

I thought I'd reach out here before I pull the trigger on a expensive part. In general I'm pretty good with these things, but this one has me wondering. Last year I was ripping around on the dinghy with a 05 Yamaha F4 and it randomly quit after years of working perfect. Wouldn't restart. Row...
  5. B

Galvanized tandem axle boat trailer (SOLD)

Hi all, I have a 2009 EZ Loader tandem axle trailer for sale. Here are the specs: -5200lb capacity -It had a 22+Pod (24 total hull) boat on it -Trailer is 102" wide for wider boats -Torsion suspension axles -Two tires were replaced in 2018 and two in 2016, all in excellent shape -Oil bath...
  6. B

Wanted: 6000-7000# trailer for 23-24 foot hull

I'm looking for a new boat trailer for my rig, about 24feet of hull and between 6000-7000lb capacity. Not interested in rusty old clunkers want something reasonably new or at least in excellent shape. Must be disc brakes. Must have Electric over hydraulic, though will consider a surge setup if...
  7. B

LEH application not working

Yeah i know its last minute, been a busy month. I have until midnight tonight, but when i go into my Bconline account i cant apply. it only says LEH application or LEH authorizations in the list, and cant pick anything. I have active credentials and have been applying with no issues since 2016...
  8. B

Wanted: NMEA cable and Tee

I`m looking for about a 6 foot (2m) NMEA cable with a Tee. If you have some extra stuff lying around pm me. I`m in Victoria. Thanks.
  9. B

Washdown pump pressure switch failures

Not sure what other people's experience has been but every few years my pressure switch in my washdown pump seems to fail. i have a Shurflo blaster II and when i took it apart I noticed that the switch is only rated for 10 amps but i know the pump can draw a lot more than that. bizarre that they...
  10. B

Tofino Cooler Ice

Heading to Tuff in a few days for an exciting father and son trip, does anyone know where i can get ice to fill my cooler? Thanks!
  11. B

30-06 brass (some once fired, some twice fired)

I have about 160 rounds of twice fired brass (some of it is once fired but i don't remember which ) and 63 of once fired (that is know for sure is). None has been fired more than twice. Comes with original boxes. Total rounds is 223. Ha. PM for info. 30$ for the lot.
  12. B

Truck Tires

This might turn into a ford vs gm thread but I need new tires for my 2008 2500HD 6.0L truck. Has a set of DuravisHD tires on it now but they came with the truck and are not notable. the front ones are getting sketchy so i am replacing all four. My plan had been to go with the tried and true BF...
  13. B

Radome angle

I am building a short tower for my radar on my Hewes Ocean Pro. What is a common angle for the radome so that it tilts in the right direction when on plane? Does anyone actually have theirs tilted or do you just go with 0 degrees? I'd like to build the angle into the tower instead of using...
  14. B

shaved or salt ice in Victoria

Does anyone know where i can get bulk ice for a cooler in Victoria? I am going to Renfrew this weekend and would like some. The pacific gateway marina has a machine but its constantly broken or unavailable so this time around i want to bring it with me. Ideally a place that fills coolers. Thanks!
  15. B

Trade your Navionics+ card for my Garmin G2 card

As the title states... Switched from Garmin to Lowrance, not sure if someone else did the opposite, but let me know if you are interested. Needs to be at least the Navionics+ or possibly the Gold i think too, but i need all of the ocean on the coast on it. Thanks!
  16. B

Lowrance radar overlay problem

Not sure anyone can help me with this but i'll try to explain my problem best i can. I recently bought a HDS7 gen3 and Point 1 antenna. I have been trying to set it up to overlay the radar on the map but i constantly get a "radar overlay invalid" message on the screen when i am on the water. I...
  17. B

Lowrance second plotter setup

I am going to reach out to one of you Lowrance wiring experts out there. i have an older HDS that i want to hook up as a secondary on the fish deck to a HDS-9 in the cabin. My plan was to hook the two together using the yellow Ethernet cable. Now, the HDS-9 inside will also have access to the...
  18. B

Towing boats and truck limits

I thought I would share my findings recently on towing my boat. I bought a Hewes Ocean Pro 220 a couple years back. I towed it with my 2500 gm with the 6.5 in it until it blew up last summer. It was a pretty ancient truck and owed me nothing so i decided to look for something quite a bit later...
  19. B

Contact info for Rock Bay Marina/Campground

I am looking for the contact info for that campground near rock bay provincial park up past Campbell River. i scoured online but cant even find a phone number. If someone know, send me the info. Thanks!
Back