Search results

1. GWT75

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hit Grace early yesterday morning. We were first boat there and by time we left at 11.15 there were 16 others. One nice hatchery keeper on a green hoochie on the bottom (~180 FOW). A few unders and hookups that released deep. Hoochies outperformed spoons.
  2. GWT75

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

44.1lb was 1st, 42lb was 2nd
  3. GWT75

Ended the day with 2 springs pulled from Bell. 75 & 82cm. Had another screamer snap a swivel. Bait for the 82 at 50' and homeland lure on the other one deep (90'). The 82 was NNW of the Bell in about 140' and the 75 was further north still in about 175'. Really good fights from both. Also saw...
  4. GWT75

There are 50 boats here including all Vancouver guide boats. Pretty sure we're good
  5. GWT75

Left T10 as it was too rough to properly fish. At the Bell. Much more fishable. Someone out here in a 10 foot zodiac!
  6. GWT75

North ofT10. Sporty out. Only fishing 1 line. Pinks hitting everything, even chovies. Coho and springs in the mix too. Probably 15 boats around us. Lots of fish on but not sure if they're mainly pinks or springs.
  7. GWT75

2023 Port Renfrew Reports

Yes same people. I stayed there last year. Was a decent experience. Went out from Port Renfrew and had to motor up to near Bamfield to fish Chinook (went early July 2022). Renfrew is a great spot - it's a pity the DFO has handcuffed the place with their restrictions.
  8. GWT75

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Those photos are top notch...
  9. GWT75

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

At Sandheads now. Scratchy. Put a really nice hatch coho in the box. Couple other wild coho put back. Seen a couple nets out but not too many.
  10. GWT75

Sandheads. Fished in tight and out at 300'. Same results. They're everywhere.
  11. GWT75

No, just the spoon. Great fight on the two biggest ones. There are soooo many nooks out here. No need for flashers. Had a large one come right to surface and try and slam a spoon as I was getting ready to lower. Reminded me of fishing Coho off the west coast of the island when they would come...
  12. GWT75

8 fish in the box in 2.5 hrs. Ranged from 12-31lb. All on spoons. Biggest 2 were naked 6" cop car. All between 30-45 feet.
  13. GWT75

2022 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Don't use a flasher. 5" or 6" spoon. My biggest fish was when I switched off an inline flasher to a large spoon.
  14. GWT75

You see any Orcas? DFO says they're there all the time. :rolleyes:
  15. GWT75

Yes at thrasher. In tight and out deep. Covered a lot of ground and fish everywhere. Current was ripping hard. Need to be aware of rigger lines/angles etc.
  16. GWT75

Staying at Silva Bay the next couple nights. Went out this eve after arriving to test the waters. Fished 2 hrs, 9 Chinook to the boat. Probably 14 hits total. Of the 9 to the boat there were 5 over 62cm (most around 70). One was well over 80cm. Good fight from all of them, even the unders...
  17. GWT75

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Just back from a couple of days at Renfrew. Went out with the old "Trailhead" guides (now Wild Renfrew). Feel badly for those guys having to run up to area 21 (45-55 min trip) when the regs could be amended for them to fish the beach, Camper, Eastpoint etc and keep within a certain distance of...
  18. GWT75

Leh is out!

Got Moose, but no elk. I'm pretty pumped about moose though - should be a fun October.
  19. GWT75

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Even in this inflated market that's an inflated price. If there was a newer 4 stroke on there, that may be closer but in current state no way it's worth that.
  20. GWT75

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I'm out tomorrow. Will try usual places in Howe Sound for Winter fishing. Will report back. Likely spoons dragging mud at 150-225. If no luck on spoons in the first hour will give a hootchie or two a try.
Back