Search results

1. Geno

Experience with Parker Marine?

I would recommend talking to Jody at the Courtenay location. Have known and dealt with him for years. Fair and a straght shooter.
  2. Geno

Free Moving boxes

Almost finished unpacking. We have lots moving boxes for the asking. Located in Cobble Hill. Gene
  3. Geno

Tales From The Tyee Pool...........2019...

Thanks for the great thread.
  4. Geno

2019 Campbell River Reports

Launched at Discovery on Saturday cost was $15☹️
  5. Geno

Gas Burp while filling

I'm getting a lot better listening for the gurgle while filling to prevent the back spash. I might give this a try: www.https://cleanwayfuelfill.shop/
  6. Geno

something a little lighter for a change

Thanks for sharing. Great stories brought back some memories for me.
  7. Geno

Bad Time to think bigger boat ?

I upgraded from a 17 ft to a 24 ft - 10 years ago. It allowed me to fish in areas I couldn't access and the ability to overnight on board. Safety is a priority and trumps everything else for me and being able to go offshore and explore other areas is amazing. So there are great benefits...
  8. Geno

Tales From The Tyee Pool........2018

good luck in the pool!
  9. Geno

2018 Central Coast Reports

You will have some good fishing areas close to your location - The wall is very close to sportsmen lodge and there can be some big fish around. At that time it will be busy. You could also look closer to Draney Inlet. The coho fishing at Calvert Island can be good. It's a pretty long run...
  10. Geno

2018 Central Coast Reports

Just got back from weekend at Rivers Inlet. Some good spring fishing at the wall and other areas. Exploring trip tried a few different areas - Calvert etc. Best action was on herring and hoocheys.
  11. Geno

Trailer Brakes upgrade

Mine passed the Canadian Tire inspection with surge only when I imported from the US (that was over 5 years ago).
  12. Geno

Trailer Brakes upgrade

I changed over after I launched in Port Alberni a few years ago and was told the previous day they were checking boat and trailer weights with a portable scale at the ramp. I would have been screwed..
  13. Geno

Trailer Brakes upgrade

I converted my 10000 lb trailer from surge to EOH . Went with the Hydrastar Marine actuator as well. No issues since installed happy with performance. I have a GMC truck and use the factory controller along with the CAM adapter.
  14. Geno

Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

Nice job, inspiring move. Thanks.
  15. Geno

Satellite Phones - WCVI

Hi you could also consider a garmin inreach communicator if voice is not critical. https://explore.garmin.com/en-CA/inreach/ I went with this allows texting communication via satelite, app to link your smart phone, SOS capability and you can choose monthly plan to suit your needs and go on...
  16. Geno

Descending devices

I received a seaqualizer this year. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but would like to hear any feedback or hints.
  17. Geno

Top fuel stabilizer and best place to buy in lower mainland

I've been using this for years. Never had any issues with fuel during that time (knock on wood). Gene http://www.starbrite.com/item/star-tron-gasoline-fuel-additive?category_id=585
  18. Geno

2017 Campbell River Reports

Went north on Saturday. Picked up one spring at end of flood at Greensea and two on the ebb at Thurston. Bait and blue meanie were the ticket. Beauty day and area.
  19. Geno

Hooks for Anchovy Teaser Rigs

Im running 1/0 treble and a 5/0 gammy octupus for a stinger. I used to run a treble stinger but got s little much with the carnage on shakers etc. Also way easier on the net bag.
  20. Geno

Storage in the V Berth or Cuddy

These are the ones that came with my wellcraft. Mounted on the roof of the cuddy. I like them because they don't take much room in cuddy. https://www.westmarine.com/buy/tigress--premium-rod-hanger--4851408?recordNum=37
Back