Search results

1. C

Looking for a salmon brine with white sugar

Pulled out the last of 2019’s salmon to make some smoked salmon this weekend. I planned to pick up brown sugar on my big grocery shop today and it was all sold out so I grabbed a bag of white instead. Does anyone have any good brine recipes for white sugar? Im thinking I’ll have to tone down...
  2. C

Looking for; 9.9 Short Shaft Tiller

Im in the market for a newer outboard for my small boat. What im looking for will ideally be; -Late 90’s or newer -Reliable -Light weight -Short shaft -Tiller I don’t have any real need for charging capabilities or electric start, just something that will get me from A to B with minimal...
  3. C

Hatchery makes plans to breed bigger fish

http://www.campbellrivermirror.com/news/409575025.html?mobile=true
  4. C

Playing chicken with a ferry..

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mobile/caught-on-cam-small-boat-nearly-collides-with-bc-ferries-vessel-1.3029984
  5. C

Flasher variations?

Are new flasher variations designed to catch fish?... Or fisherman? I have caught many fish on the classic green and siver/ red and silver flashers but have been recently intrigued by the new flashers. UV's, purple onion, bon chovey.. super betsy's... The list goes on and on. What's your...
  6. C

Kitetail flashers

Anyone have any experience fishing with these? I remember seeing a post about them on here a while back, but was not able to find it. Maybe it didn't make it during the site changeover. Anyways, I was in wholesale sports in nanaimo and saw one and picked it up. Thinking it would fish well 5' in...
  7. C

Mmmm... mutant rainbow

Girlfriend saw this in a grocery store today and had to send me a picture. Im used to seeing them with half a tail... But this guy also only had half a head. Good healthy genes right there.. Maybe im a fish snob, but I can't imagine serving that up for dinner :p Image by CVmike posted Apr 12...
  8. C

BC Coastal Cutthroat trout

thease fish can get quite large .i don't expect anyone just to give decades of info away ,but just simple reports and picks from your outings on the larger lakes.
  9. C

Sea run cutties at the mouth of the Quatse?>

Hey ill be spending some time in Hardy for work starting next week and was wondering what the sea run cutty fishing will be like there at the time. Im slaving in front of the fly tying vice now making everything from muddlers to nymphs to throw for them. Any tips on where to fish them this time...
  10. C

Stuffed Sole

So the boats in the shop right now, so I got the canoe together the other day and took out the girlfriend and went and jigged some flounder. We ended up with 6 in about an hour and I carefully filleted them which took me about the same amount of time but ended up with a surprising nice little...
  11. C

Cool video, Ice fishing lake trout

Just came across this beaut of a video, its a bit long but its worth skipping through. [AzsyuFJIBpY] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzsyuFJIBpY
  12. C

Toquart Bay

Just read a front page article in the news paper that they've shut down the campsite due to arsenic contamination on the beach. Toquart bay is a very popular shell fish picking area.... Just a month ago I went and stocked up and had a good feast of arsenic oysters lol I wonder how many other...
  13. C

Maggie Lake trout myth

So some of you came here in hopes of a myth of a twenty pound trout coming out of this lake... But no such luck. Im wondering about they myth that there are trout in this lake at all! My uncles got a cabin in the area, and we've spent countless hours fishing it. Using everything from spoons, to...
  14. C

Favorite Central/ North Island lake

Hey guys, just itching to get out fishing here and I figure what better way to pass the working week while I wait to fish then talk about fishing? :) My question to you all is whats you're favorite lake to fishing on central to north vancouver island and why? Is it a specific story that makes it...
Back