Search results

1. C

Cell phone coverage in Quatsino Sound?

That map is amazingly accurate.
  2. C

Lucky Lager

Of course. You think I’d want to actually taste lucky?
  3. C

Lucky Lager

Lucky is the beer for the people who hunt, fish, and fall trees. Real men, with 4x4 trucks and who have at one time had a mullet and sometimes secretly wish they still did. Craft beers are for the people who protest hunting, fishing, and falling trees. Collage boys, who drive Prius’s and make...
  4. C

Transom Pitting

A wire wheel and some two part epoxy like JB weld will also get the job done
  5. C

Campbell River Area Lakes

Upper Campbell and Buttle have some nice fish. Target around the creek mouths and you should do well.
  6. C

All Things COVID-19

It’s going to be really interesting to see how the government pushes the third dose. To get people to get their first two they took the path of alienation and division, and whether or not that was morally right if the goal is to get more people vax’d then it worked. I’m not sure this is going...
  7. C

All Things COVID-19

If your kids are going to get COVID chances are they will get it from school. Fortunately they will very likely shake it off like many other colds. Schools are running because the risk of an impeded education outweigh the risk of serious illness from covid. If the (much higher) risk of covid...
  8. C

All Things COVID-19

I don’t know what is funny about firing one of the only two pediatricians at the Port Alberto hospital. I pray you never have a family member that cannot receive care due to this senseless decision. I’m all for vaccines, and am double vax’d myself but firing healthcare workers poses an...
  9. C

All Things COVID-19

https://www.cheknews.ca/port-alberni-residents-petition-for-unvaxed-doctor-to-keep-working-at-hospital-909010/?fbclid=IwAR28muLd5uV5zKM4sk3vhiHIiuGR_aVuFMTdGeCkvRwr4UoldHIgr3vAFBY
  10. C

All Things COVID-19

https://www.cheknews.ca/b-c-cancels-some-surgeries-due-to-shortages-caused-by-unvaccinated-workers-minister-906428/?fbclid=IwAR1oWDvas3QebrlXxyCsoP2gegcRipCafOy7ufErqChER5WSRwdf3kjF2lw
  11. C

All Things COVID-19

This will undoubtedly create a public health crisis far more severe then COVID itself.
  12. C

All Things COVID-19

If anyone is looking for some good listening material this guy has a great level headed approach to things.
  13. C

All Things COVID-19

I’m not convinced it’s the best time to spare even a ‘few’. In my opinion the only credible risk the unvaccinated give to the vaccinated is that in an extreme situation they may take up a hospital bed you need. That situation seems a bit redundant if there’s not enough healthcare workers there...
  14. C

All Things COVID-19

I know of a few personally. Two had terrible reactions to the first dose, and as per the vaccine manufacturers recommendations they are not getting their second dose. The other I know has already had COVID and possesses natural antibodies.
  15. C

All Things COVID-19

I heard today that Island Health is preparing to lose hundreds of healthcare workers next week when the vaccine mandate is put into effect. It may be a fatal blow to an already chronically understaffed system.
  16. C

All Things COVID-19

“ The B.C. Nurses Union says the province is grappling with a nursing shortage so severe it's a crisis.” - CBC 2015 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-nursing-shortage-crisis-1.3354089 “ In Edmonton and Calgary, the spike of influenza, influenza-like illness and...
  17. C

All Things COVID-19

Ambulance wait times are often atrocious, and many people take a taxi instead to avoid the wait. RCMP can take hours to arrive when someone is actively robbing from your property. If you’re not in the Governments key ridings (Victoria & Vancouver) then certainly your roads suck and your public...
  18. C

Halibut braid lbs?

I went down from 80 to 65 this year and have been very happy. No break offs from fish, and in the case of snagging bottom the 80lb mono leader still always breaks first.
  19. C

Carlysle vs London drugs brand cat food

I’ve never used the London drugs brand, but I’d be willing to bet it’s the same dolphi… er, tunas that they use in the carlyle cans
  20. C

multi-day trips

Yup salt ice is the ticket. As for the second question, I like to tag my fish at the end of the day to keep everything organized. A tag with the date caught, species, area, and fishing licence number zap strapped through the gill plate should keep DFO happy.
Back