Search results

1. T

Steering arm help

Can you drill a new hole for the link arm closer to the motor? The closer the link arm is to the motor pivot point, the shorter the link arm travel required to turn the motor.
  2. T

Steering arm help

You need to turn the motor all the way to port and see how far the steering rod is extending from the motor. If it is close to the end of the travel in this direction, any modifications you do to increase the amount the motor turns to starboard will decrease the amount it turns to port. You may...
  3. T

Trailer Wiring- Reverse Lockout

If your connections are tight, the grease will get wiped off the mating surfaces when the connection is made. If your connections are loose, the grease won't get wiped off and the grease will insulate the connection.
  4. T

Tandem axle disc brake help

This package uses surge brakes. Surge brakes are not allowed in BC on trailers heavier than 2,800 kg (6,160 lbs). The trailer brakes must be capable of being applied by the driver independently of the towing vehicle's brakes.
  5. T

Is my GPS antenna dead?

Are you getting the correct location on the Lowrance. If you are, your antenna is ok and it is probably the connection to the radio.
  6. T

Mystery Electrical Power Drain

Never heard of a milli watt volt but the .001 volt reading is probably the meter not zeroed. What reading do you get with the meter leads shorted together? A better test would be to disconnect a battery lead and put the meter leads between the battery and the battery lead with the battery...
  7. T

300hp Etec over oiling

Try posting your problem at the E-Tec Owners Forum, http://www.etecownersgroup.com. Lots of good advice available there. I think you will have to register before you can post. Also, be sure to include your motor's model and serial number.
  8. T

WTB 80-90 HP Used Outboard

Thanks for your offer Fixit but I am not looking for a project motor at the moment. However, if nothing else shows up I may get back to you
  9. T

WTB 80-90 HP Used Outboard

I am wanting to buy a 5-10 year old outboard, 20 inch length. I would prefer a 2 stroke (etec) as a modern 4 stroke may be too heavy for my older 16 ft. boat. I have been watching CraigsList, Used..., etc. but haven't seen anything suitable. Does anyone know of a motor like this for sale. I...
  10. T

small Lund boat wiring help

I would not recommend buying wire for marine applications from RP Electronics. The wire they stock is for general use and is not tinned. You should use tinned copper wire only to prevent oxidation in a marine environment. You can also buy tinned wire at Poco Marine in Port Coquitlam -...
  11. T

Selling Older Glastron Boat Great Shape

Burnsy I have a 16 foot Glastron boat with a similiar shaped transom. Would it be possible to post a picture showing how the kicker mount is attached. I would like to add a kicker to my boat but not sure how to mount it to the transom. Thanks
  12. T

Two Piece Rod Stuck Together

About a year ago I remember reading a post about how to get a stuck rod apart. It involved holding the rod with something wrapped around it and twisting. I remember trying it and it worked well. I have a rod stuck together again and I can't remember what to hold it with and I can't find the...
  13. T

SALMON TEEZER -a game changer!!

Have a look at message #19 in this thread
  14. T

GPS to VHF......

The only connections needed are as follows Elite yellow to LVR-250 yellow Elite shield (black) to LVR-250 green The Elite black wire should not be connected to the negative power (ground). The black wire is the communications ground, not the power ground, and is for connecting the shields...
  15. T

2 stoke oil recommendations?

Neither of the West Marine stores in the Vancouver area has any stock of the 1 gallon size and it doesn't sound like they normally stock it. They will order it in for you, about a 1 week delivery.
  16. T

random VHF radio question

Most modern VHF radios have a US, Canadian and International mode. Selecting the correct mode sets up the channel groupings for that area. Channel 88A is the American channel and channel 88 is the Canadian channel. However, both channels are simplex with the same frequency (157.425 Mz). What...
  17. T

2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Where is Grande. From the depth mentioned, I assume it is somewhere in the middle of the strait.
  18. T

2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Could someone please tell a guy who just started fishing this area where the hump is? Thanks
  19. T

Lowrance Rebates

As I understand it, the standard Elite-5s come with US costal and lakes charts but nothing for Canada. The Navionics Gold charts include both US and Canada.
Back