Search results

1. ThreePer

For Sale: 1976 Glasply 1918L - $7900 obo

Haha no. I took the pictures at work (helicopter mechanic). That is a project Robinson R22 that got painted recently in, as you saw, bright green. I don't own it but a co-worker does.
  2. ThreePer

For Sale: 1976 Glasply 1918L - $7900 obo

Sold Thank you very much.
  3. ThreePer

Boat detail

Scratch Doctor Detailing. They are major fishing people with a Grady themselves so know what to do. They are moving shops but I don't think they have moved yet. Currently located behind the Petro Can in the same "mall" as Gullivin. Haven't gotten anything done there but have heard good things.
  4. ThreePer

2016 Campbell River Reports

Right here: http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/tales-from-the-tyee-pool-2016.63791/page-6 In other news I have a old college friend of mine from Alberta up for a quick trip out tomorrow. Weather looks good and just wondering where to go? Would love to find some coho to play...
  5. ThreePer

Squid in Nanaimo.

Wait.... Granite Bay recognizes a government?;)
  6. ThreePer

Squid in Nanaimo.

As a kid on Quadra Island we used to take squid jig's and our trout rods down to the gov't dock at night (11 or midnight) on the weekends. Plug in the industrial/construction light into a socket with the extension cord and point it at the water and watch the squid school up. Used to catch a half...
  7. ThreePer

F150 Towing Capacity

I also have been looking hard at the Ecodiesel 3.0 from Ram. Same HP as my 4.6L F-150 but much more torque and all at a much lower RPM (obviously). It (crew cab 6.2' box) has the same towing capacity (7700 lbs) as my current F-150 (Crew Cab 6.5' box) but looking at just the numbers it would...
  8. ThreePer

F150 Towing Capacity

When I pull my 19' boat (3000ish lbs) with my '07 F150 (4.6L V8) I really feel it going uphill and down. Granted I don't have trailer brakes which would make a big difference. Remember tow ratings are all about stopping. They don't care how fast you go up the hill (or if you blow a rod trying)...
  9. ThreePer

ALONE Season 2

The extra night would have been to call the daughter and have her fly from Michigan (or wherever they were from) so she could surprise him with the news that he won. I was wondering the same thing until I put that together. Having everyones loved one sitting in Hardy (at the KFC, haha) waiting...
  10. ThreePer

Ocean Master Pilot House

I just saw on the repo.com site: http://www.repo.com/listing/4880 Bad butt!
  11. ThreePer

Steering wheel

Hi Bentley. Where are you at? I am interested just gotta pull the cap off my current plastic wheel and see what shaft I have.
  12. ThreePer

Spent morning light through to lunch time at the green can to Francisco and couldn't wrangle a keeper. A couple hits and misses and a bunch of tiny little fish released at the boat but thats it. Might have to head up north this weekend. Or maybe East? Not sure. Maybe leave the rods at home and...
  13. ThreePer

List of things to fix after the first trip of the season...

I had issues similar with the pisser: 1) Used some air pressure (my mouth and/or compressor) to blow air up the pisser while it was running. 2) Went to replaced the head gasket and found that my thermostat had detonated inside its housing and small plastic bits had gone all sorts of places and...
  14. ThreePer

Where did you find that stat hambone? Seems high to me... But plausible....
  15. ThreePer

Trailer Lights - Replacement

I went LED last season as well. Sealed unit with no bulbs to corrode. I still unplug every time I dunk the trailer as electricity+water=corrosion's best friend.
  16. ThreePer

Awesome chopperdude! We fished hump/green can/hump for most of the day with a couple good hits/misses and a few feeder fish. Ended up drifting north up past the lighthouse and picked up a scrappy little 63cm (measure twice, cut once) that my buddy had fun reeling in. Good fun for someone who...
  17. ThreePer

Getting to Tahsis

Just to clarify Bill, there is no "ferry". You are driving or boating (in your own boat).
  18. ThreePer

Glasply

Nicnat - I have the 19" non-hardtop version. They were advertised at about 2300 lbs I think. So realistically it is closer to 3000 by the time your fuelled and fishing. If my info is correct on the years (I don't know what year this boat is) Glasply's were woodless stringers 1977 onward I think...
  19. ThreePer

Bayliner Trophy 2052 hard top

4.3 should run between 4200 and 4500 rpm at WOT if I remember from my books (and the top of the engine cover). They say each 1" pitch is about 200 rpm so I think salmonkiller01 is close with the 16" suggestion. Maybe 17"? That way when you are light on guys/gear/fuel you will still be in or...
  20. ThreePer

Toba Inlet

Teakerne Arm has a dock but can be busy. If you bring a tent there is even a place to set it up. There is also numerous log booms you could laso onto I am sure.
Back