Search results

1. Dorman Point

Livewell pump (saltwater) is illegal in BC?

This is the way I grew up fishing, Salmon Rock to Roberts Creek. I remember Saturday mornings when there were 50 boats anchored off Gower Point, barely a troller to be seen. Back then, the Hyack gas barge in Gibsons would open early on the weekends; that was where we’d buy our herring. If...
  2. Dorman Point

Photo Thread

Boat camping in our 17 Hourston at Princess Louisa Inlet two years ago.
  3. Dorman Point

Canucks 2023-2024 season

I don’t necessarily see it as indifference. He is a quiet personality and is doing nothing more than what he said back in the summer he would do - play the season, focus on winning and deal with the contract in the summer. I can understand his desire to play for a winner and to see if that is...
  4. Dorman Point

What's For SUPERBOWL?!

You have more friends in that room than I’ve ever had in my life, cumulatively.
  5. Dorman Point

Who Knows Axes?

We still burn wood stoves and fireplaces and I love splitting and stacking firewood. It’s one of my favourite things to do. I picked up two refurbished splitting axes last year, a Collins and a Wards Master (Kelly Axes). As far as I can determine, the heads are about 80 years old, each. They’re...
  6. Dorman Point

Canucks 2023-2024 season

I don’t see them signing Lindholm after this year. Someone is going to offer him more than the Canucks can, for more term, if they plan on trying to keep Pettersson and maybe Hronek. No doubt someone will offer him a 6-8 yr deal at 7+, and I sure hope it isn’t the Canucks because those deals...
  7. Dorman Point

Canucks 2023-2024 season

Probably why my bzzr league team is 0-14 this year.
  8. Dorman Point

Canucks 2023-2024 season

Possible first round matchup if they get the last wildcard spot. Not sure how I feel about that.
  9. Dorman Point

Canucks 2023-2024 season

A few things I am really impressed with as this season goes on: 1. consistent puck support in all three zones, which results in far fewer turnovers and much more puck possession and O-zone time; 2. Hard forecheck from all four lines, with intentional effort to separate the opposing player from...
  10. Dorman Point

Canucks 2023-2024 season

As a lifelong fan, I have come to know what happens when you talk about them playing well. I think we all are leery of the profound disappointment that is lurking just around the corner.
  11. Dorman Point

Might Be Looking For a Change

I heard a great quote the other day (can’t remember where): “all the money in the world can’t buy another minute of time”. I think it’s a good maxim to live by, whatever it is you choose to do. Spend your time doing what you like and with the people you love. I made my career decision based on...
  12. Dorman Point

Photo Thread

A beautiful frosty Howe Sound morning in late November this year.
  13. Dorman Point

Photo Thread

South Bowen winter morning.
  14. Dorman Point

Everyday post a photo of a reel you own.

My mother-in-law picked this old-timer up at a thrift store on the island a few years back. It adorns my fly-tying desk. No manufacturer’s name on it but it is stamped “Made in England” on the base. I’d appreciate any information anyone might be able to provide.
  15. Dorman Point

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I like your taste in boats.
  16. Dorman Point

Cougars

Something to be said for being last man standing…
  17. Dorman Point

Happy New Year!

Happy New Years from beautiful Howe Sound!
  18. Dorman Point

Canucks 2023-2024 season

I think the speed of the game and emphasis on structure is a big reason we see so much less hitting now. Guys can’t afford to take themselves out of position to make a big hit. I thought Juulsen was guilty of that earlier in the season but his positioning has improved and he’s just making the...
  19. Dorman Point

someone imported a toy

Looked at some photos of one running at speed, beautiful lines. They look like a mini PT boat with that sheer that has a slight downward sweep at the bow. I like it.
Back