Search results

1. N

Fish Finder advise

If you go with a thru hull, make sure you use a stainless steel transducer with your aluminum boat and not bronze.
  2. N

Recomondations for rod length?

I fish from a smaller boat, 22 ft. aluminum. 10.5' rods are a little too long for me. I searched for 9' mooching rods, to use with my Islander reels. I couldn't find any with the standard mooching handles, with the reel close to the butt end. So, I got creative. I had 2 Fenwick 10.5' rods...
  3. N

Who does Tuna Charters on WCVI?

Shawn with Osprey out of Tofino is a great bet!
  4. N

Report from Tofino, a little late

My wife and I spent Aug 15 to Aug 25 in Tofino. Our boat, camper and pickup were stored up there from our last trip, so we flew from Boise Idaho. We got the boat launched the first day and watched the guides and private boaters come in with big tubs of fish. We were excited. The Springs were...
  5. N

Tofino info request.

There are any number of great guides in Tofino. I would suggest you contact Shawn, he goes by Fishtofino on this website. He contributes here regularly. He is also a great source of information to those of us who are private boaters. He has been fishing Tofino forever and really produces...
  6. N

Law enforcement out in full force Vic waterfront.

deleted as superfluous.
  7. N

Best Ukee and Tofino guides......

I would highly recommend Shawn (Tofinoguy on this site). When I was in Tofino last week, he was bringing in great catches for his clients. He also has a house that he runs as a B&B, which allows his clients to get breakfast before fishing. There aren't any restaurants in Tofino that open...
  8. N

Tofino Report 6/28 to 7/7

I just left Tofino after a 10 day trip. I pulled my boat, pickup and camper up there and 2 buddies flew in from Kentucky to fish with me. I kept the boat in the water at Marina West and fished almost every day. The fishing is just great this year! We managed to figure the fishing out, with...
  9. N

Recommended Fishing Guides for Puerto Vallarta?

All great recommandations. I have fished with Lora and Manny and know Danny by reputation. But, if you are looking to fish out of a 28 foot super panga, I highly recommend Danny Gomez. He is about the hardest fishing guide I have ever fished with. He will start at 6 am and at 6 pm he will be...
  10. N

Heading to Tofino. Any reports?

I will be pulling my boat and camper to Tofino on June 25 and meeting some buddies up there. I am wondering if there are any reports of how the fishing is in Tofino. I haven't seen any reports posted lately. Thanks in advance, Marty
  11. N

Needlefish Spoon Prototype Test - A New KILLER Emerges!

I will take six or so, also.
  12. N

Tofino - Spring / Summer 2014 reports

Welcome home Shawn. I assume you spent a big chunk of the winter in Cabo? Hope you got some great fishing in! I will be up in Tofino for 2-2 week stays this summer. I will see you then. And yes this needs to be a sticky Marty
  13. N

What's for dinner tonight ?

Damn, and me on a heart healthy diet....I could cry over those eggs!
  14. N

So, here is mine from last weekend: Wild Turkey I shot last fall, basted with a whiskey, orange juice, honey and orange zest glaze/sauce. The rest of the sauce was turned into gravy.....
  15. N

Damn guys....it is 4pm and you are making me hungry! Great thread and photos. Kudos to all.
  16. N

US Residents-are you coming to BC this summer?

We will be there for 2 trips. I will be there with my buddies the first trip and my wife the second. We will drive up with our boat and camper in late June and fish for 10 days, fly home and then back to VI in late August. We will store the boat and camper in Tofino between trips. We will...
  17. N

Smoked Lox recipe

Thanks for the great recipe! It is just what I am looking for. I will have to wait for cooler weather, though. It is almost 100 here in Idaho. (I wish I was still in Tofino:() I am about to buy a Bradley smoker. I have used a little and big chief for years, but the temp control of the...
  18. N

Jig style bucktail fly frame

Thanks for posting the details. It looks like it will ride hook up and be much more weedless.
  19. N

Heading for Tofino

I am heading for Tofino next Thursday. I will fly out of Boise and have 10 days to fish. My boat, trailer and camper are stored up there. This will be my third and last trip of the year. I will pull the boat home after this trip. I am sure hoping for nice weather and for fish to be around...
  20. N

Bucktailing

That is a great idea! I wonder if you could upload a photo or two of how you hold the hook upright and how you attach the hook? Weeds can be a super problem bucktailing.
Back