Search results

1. pescador

Happy Thanksgiving USA

To our friends south of us……..Happy Thanksgiving. May the Seahawks kick San Frans butt today!
  2. pescador

Boat Insurance Policy Change BC

Got this letter from my broker yesterday. I intend to call them. Anyone else seen this? Obsolescence seems like a pretty broad term. If my boat model isn’t in production then what? Starting to feel like we’re gonna get shafted again by the man.
  3. pescador

Boat Insurance Policy Change BC

Got this letter from my broker yesterday. I intend to call them. Anyone else seen this? Obsolescence seems like a pretty broad term. If my boat model isn’t in production then what? Starting to feel like we’re gonna get shafted again by the man.
  4. pescador

Bead chains/Terminal gear….when to replace.

Just curious how long you use bead chains/and other terminal gear? How do you know they’re done? And anybody lube them with WD40? I had a downrigger terminal gear swivel break in half 2 weeks ago. I hate throwing out gear but now realize it’s only a question of time when this **** breaks.
  5. pescador

Bow Thruster Installation

I’m not at this stage yet but am looking in the US for a boat and want a bow thruster. Many boats don’t have them, so I will install one there before I ship up here if the boat doesn’t have one. I know the cost in Florida. Anybody know the cost here and if there’s a company that knows how to...
  6. pescador

New Summer Tires - PIRELLI - CINTURATO P7 205/45 R17 W (88)

For sale. New Summer Tires - PIRELLI - CINTURATO P7 205/45 R17 W (88). $600. Just tires wheels not included. Less than 100km on them. In Vancouver.
  7. pescador

Trailer tires Victoria

This tires cracked. It’s 5 years old. it’s got decent tread although I’m noticing inside wear on it. I’ve gotta do 600km next month. I’m assuming this tires done? Any ideas on trailer tire shops in Victoria? I’ll take off the wheels and take it in. And, what about mis-matched tires? Any...
  8. pescador

9.9 Yamaha HT won’t idle low

My 150 hour 2020 Yamaha 9.9 was serviced and winterized by the dealer in Victoria in Oct of last year. It ran perfect at the end of the year. When I tried to start it today in preparation for my first Nootka trip in July, it wouldn’t start. I pumped the bulb to ensure it had gas. After a while...
  9. pescador

Flooring material

2 rolls $125. New. Located in Vancouver but will be in Victoria this weekend. Light grey colour.
  10. pescador

Proline Boats? Quality?

Just curious the opinion on Prolines. I’ve got my mind set on a Grady or a Pursuit in the 30 ft range, but, there’s some nicely priced Prolines out there. Anybody got one? How’s the quality. I’ve done some research on THT but it’s inconclusive.
  11. pescador

Free Black and White Wall Art-Vancouver

Come pick it up. 5 pieces. All in good shape. Located west side of Vancouver.
  12. pescador

Bottom Painting Fibreglass boat first time

So I’m thinking about bottom painting my boat for the first time. Done all sorts of research and find it so complicated, I’m more confused than ever. Ablative, hard, soft, copper, low cost, high cost, get in the water within 3 hours, apply when sticky, sand with 60 grit, clean with acetone...
  13. pescador

How long does it take for growth to build up on an unpainted hull?

I’m planning to moor my boat in the water for the first time ever. Usually it’s in dry stack or on the trailer. The fibreglass hull is bare. Never painted. I’m a bit freaked about painting it. I thought I’d give it a few months in the salt water before I paint it in case I sell to get a...
  14. pescador

Trailer parking Vancouver/Richmond

I need a place to park my double axel boat trailer for a few months over the summer. It’s approx 23 feet long. Vancouver/Richmond would be ideal. I only need to access occasionally and never during off hours. Any ideas? Any first hand experiences you can share. Pricing as well if you have...
  15. pescador

PLB or EPIRB?

So my PLB is now 10 years old. Time to replace although it still works. With the cost of batteries it seems to be more sensible to buy a new one. So the question is what’s better an EPIRB or PLB? I like the idea of a PLB because I can carry it when I’m solo fishing or skiing Etc. So the...
  16. pescador

Humboldt Squid- Garry Cooper show

Anybody see the recent show where Garry is fishing with some guys outta French Creek in the Straight of Georgia for Humboldts? Very interesting show. Nice smaller squid. Fishing in 3000 ft of water down 1000 ft. Any idea what month that was and the general area? They weren’t giving out a...
  17. pescador

PAL renewal delays

Anybody else experiencing what I am with my PAL renewal. I applied 6 months ago, 3 months before my license expired. Still waiting. I call Ottawa and they say its approved. Its sitting with the BC Chief Firearms Officer. I can't find the number to call them in Surrey. Not even sure they...
  18. pescador

Toroidal propellers: gas burn reduction potential?

https://newatlas.com/aircraft/toroidal-quiet-propellers The answer to reducing fuel burn?
  19. pescador

Where to dispose of old flairs Vancouver

Anybody know where I can drop off 25 old flares I have that are outdated? i don’t have the receipts where I bought them from so I know a lot of places want you to have bought them from them. I don’t need I think you can drop there at x. I need to have someone who’s actually done a disposal...
Back