Search results

1. pescador

Boat Insurance...Prices are up

Mines .8%. Port side Marine Kelowna. My old policy was 1.25%.
  2. pescador

Grady Gas tank cover screws

I’ve removed those on my Grady. None had any sealant
  3. pescador

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I’m looking at the same project in a couple of weeks. Any learning? Any tricks on figuring out the geometry of doing your corners and other cuts? And, did you have to apply addition bonding material where it didn’t stick well enough?
  4. pescador

Auto pilot using existing Intelisteer hydraulic pump

Thanks for setting this straight. I thought it might be more completed using the Intellisteer pump. Good to know.
  5. pescador

Auto pilot using existing Intelisteer hydraulic pump

Any update on this project? Thinking about doing the same thing.
  6. pescador

Axopar 28 or 37

Axopars are for people who don’t fish and don’t boat. I see lots of them at Wreck Beach tho.
  7. pescador

Tyson vs Paul....

8. pescador

Striper 2100 cc do I buy it, I’m a beginner , and newbie?

Get the Center Console. Perfect weather for it in Mex and easy to handle with one person. And stay out of sun and not get burned.
  9. pescador

Centre Cabin walk around vs. Centre Console

I had a 21 ft center console back in 2008. I loved the boat but the weather beat the **** outta me. Also, the head was tight and not good for female usage. I ended up in a Grady 228G and love it. But, now want to go bigger.
  10. pescador

random question regarding boat insurance

Good for you. They are excellent.
  11. pescador

random question regarding boat insurance

I just changed underwriters. They asked me for the old underwriter and policy number. I gave it to them. Who cares. No claims no worries. I shopped around save $200+ a year, increased value and reduced deductible. I was with the old underwriter 15 years. Sometimes you gotta shop around...
  12. pescador

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

Generally speaking….if you find a very clean waxed immaculate hull….the dudes taken care of his entire boat. People don’t wax the **** outta their boats and not maintain them maintenance wise. Look for a cream puff if you want to minimize the “bring out another thousand” problem. You’ll pay more...
  13. pescador

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Remember the Garry Cooper show last year about this time showing guys fishing squid? Anybody gonna try for squid out in the Straights in 1000 ft of water this year? My boats yet to be splashed. I'm gonna try in May but that's a while off yet.......Can't help but think there's a whole new...
  14. pescador

Everyday post a photo of a reel you own.

Let's not forget Alec Merriman at the Colonist (or Times/Colonist). https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/obituary-outdoors-reporter-alec-merriman-left-fishing-parks-legacy-4640519
  15. pescador

Want to buy a NEW boat. Please help!

I always go two screens since i got caught 6 miles off shore at Nootka in 2009 in the fog. My single MFD stopped working. It was a frightening experience. Turned out to be a faulty wire but I didn't have time to look for it in the middle of a disaster. I'd at least go one 12" and a 9". I...
  16. pescador

Boat racing road trips

****...always loved Arctic Circle. Are there any still around?
  17. pescador

Who offers the cheapest basic boat insurance?

Portside all the way. Saved me $300 a year with $25K higher valuation. Great quick knowledgeable service. I can't help but think I've been ripped off by my previous broker/underwriter for the last 20 years.
  18. pescador

Traps left behind

I always have this fully charged on the boat. And in the car as well. https://no.co/gb40
  19. pescador

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

When I got my Grady 12 years ago........ the ICOM radio had been programmed with a South Carolina MMSI. All my research said it's a one time thing or a factory reset. Not so, I got my new MMSI a few weeks after buying the boat, went to the manual and followed the instructions and it took the...
Back